94 Mustang Clockspring.

• Sponsors (?)

If I can remember to do it tomorrow, I'll run a D2D locator on the part at work and see if any dealerships, PDCs, or Vintage Parts Inc has one still.

Just ran the number. Obsolete from Ford with no supersessions. No dealerships or PDCs have any left. That's an odd part number, and on top of that, it looks like it's 1994-only in the catalog, no other applications pop up.

http://www.car-part.com/

A handful of salvage yards show to have used clocksprings, but that's all I've been able to find. I've got aftermarket contacts all over Texas (I do parts for the used car department, body shop, and Ford and VW retail counters for a 5-brand dealership), and NOBODY is making a replacement for the '94. Apparently the '94 attached with screws, the fox-body cars with airbags used a different CS, as did the '95-98 cars (they had a CS that clipped into place, but used the same connectors and pinout as the '94).

If you DO go with a used clockspring, you'll need to make sure it's centered before you install it with your wheels straight, otherwise you'll break the ribbon inside making a turn. I'm going to have a used on from a Hyundai tomorrow I can demonstrate how to do that with if you need. (Warranty part from one of my technicians.)

According to a Corral thread, the 95-98 clockspring is electrically the same but it mounts to the steering column differently. However, I have never needed to replace my clockspring and I have a '94 as well. So I'm curious to find out how you solve this issue.

I am certain that all 94-98 airbags and airbag computers are interchangeable. I got hit by an uninsured driver on my front corner some years back, and while the damage was light it set off the airbags. The parts I used to repair the airbag system were from different cars; I believe my airbag computer is from a '97 and my airbags are from a '95. I have no airbag light, and no codes in the airbag computer.

You can get a brand new one from the American Muscle website. Go to americanmuscle.com,
they're $89.99. Or do the junk yard thing. It's a pain to take off and put on. But def doable if you want to save money. There is also a YouTube video someone posted on removal of mustang clock spring for 94-98 mustangs. Hope this helps.

They don't have one listed for the '94.
You're right! I just realized that it says FITS 95-98 mustangs. However you can call their number and ask to speak to a person and ask for their advice. Both americanmuscle and latemodelreatoration have great customer service. If not then like it was stated previously, junkyards are your best bet.to search all junkyards in your area try "car-part.com". I've used them before to locate parts, or craigslist.

You can get a brand new one from the American Muscle website. Go to americanmuscle.com,
they're $89.99. Or do the junk yard thing. It's a pain to take off and put on. But def doable if you want to save money. There is also a YouTube video someone posted on removal of mustang clock spring for 94-98 mustangs. Hope this helps.
American muscle.com does not carry this for 94 unfortunately. but thanks for the reply.