94 Mustang To Pbr Caliper Upgrade Help

tony M

Oct 22, 2013
I've been checking the forums for this answer. I have a 94 mustang GT. I am upgrading to 2001 mustang PBR caliper. The only thing that is confusing me is the brake hoses. My 94 has a 3/8 hard line fitting to the driver side brake hose. And a 7/16 hard line fitting to the passenger side brake hose. People say to use the 99-02 brake hoses. The issue I am having is that both the 99-02 hard line fittings to the hoses are the same 3/8. Am I just reading all this wrong? Do I just need a 7/16 to 3/8 brake adapter? Thanks in advance for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

You also need to swap the master cylinder.

Using the stock GT 1 1/16" bore MC will give you a slightly stiffer pedal than if you use the proper size 1" bore MC (1993 Cobra MC would direct swap).

Try the brakes out and see how it feels, but more than likely you'll find you need to press firmly to get good braking response. To get the total effect out of the conversion, you need to swap the MC otherwise you haven't really upgraded the brakes.

Try it as is and see how you like it.

But if you find that it requires a little more pedal effort than you'd like, swap the MC out to a 1" bore 1993 Cobra MC.

The MC is a direct swap, no need to change any fittings or get adapters.