95 Gt Drive Train In 98 Body

Billy salvas

Jul 29, 2016
Ok I'm new to actually posting on forums I usually just read them lol
I have a 94 mustang gt convertable I basically got it for nothing but I don't like the convertable
I picked up a 98 mustang gt body with full interior because the convertable what missing some things, when I say body I mean body no kids frame no rear end no nothing. I'd like to take the drive train out of the 94 an put it in the 98 body I guess I'm looking for some info as in what needs to be shaped do I have to pull the dash an change that harness or can I unplug the 5.0 harness under the hood an plug it into the 98 body an run the 94 computer are the pins the same things like that any help would be appreciated I have the full 94 car so I won't be running around for parts I just don't want to start changing things that don't need to be changed
Sry it's a long post an thanks in advanc

• Sponsors (?)

You'd have to swap literally everything electronic from one car to the other. Harnesses, computers, everything. 302 in a 96-04 might even require changing the k member and front suspension over. In fact, that's probably the easiest way to do it. I'd drop the K and unbolt the shocks, and swap the whole thing over. I can't really see it being worth that much work when sn95 cars like ours don't really have that much sales value in the first place. I'd sell both and just buy a 94-5 GT coupe and call it a day.