95 Mustang

tjmaxx

Jun 21, 2004
I stopped at a local Honda dealer to look at a 95 red Ford Mustang. The price was 5K, it had 131,000 miles on it. The interior and exterior looked good. If I were to buy this car it would be my first car. Is this a good price? How many miles can I expect this car to run for? It had a cheasy exhaust tip on it but I could just take it off. It also had a k&N sticker on it so it might have a new intake on it I would have to look under the hood.

• Sponsors (?)

Personally, I wouldn't pay that much for a car with that many miles on it. I just got mine a few weeks ago. 95' Stang, 3.8L, 79k miles for $3000. And the car is in mint condition. Now, I don't have power windows or power locks, but I still think I got a hell of a deal! Plus it came with a kick a$$ audio system already installed, and alarm. Crappy rims though. Just look around, you will find a way better deal then the one you posted about.

It's nice to have a Stang as your first car, but that car does rather have a high milage. It could run well for another 50k or it just might break down after 5k. It depends on how it has been taken care of during its life. So, I would stay away from that car.

yeah, id stay away...
i got my 95' a couple months ago.. (end of winter...)
Its a 'Deep Forest Green' 1995 v6 mustang coupe, it had 112,000 miles on it, paint in good condition with a series of small scratches on the left rear fender above the wheel well (later filled in and everything). The interior was immaculate, tan and black, cloth. it came with a kickass audio system (Clarion Head Unit and dual Alpine Speakers replacing the ones in the rear deck) And they threw in the winter tires to, which suspiciously werent on the car (it was winter, the owner hadent used it as he bought a 99' mustang GT before the winter) and alarm system. For $3,200. The previous owner's father was a mechanic, and he took care of the car in that respect. the owner before that (yes 3 owners) seemed to be a ricer of sorts, as it had a 'GTS' sun deflector wing type thing sticking off the rear (behind the C pillars), and bright blue 'FORD' seatbelt pads, and 'LeBra' front bra. Those three things were removed, FAST!

yea but also if you go looking for a foxbody 5.0 your insurance is gonna be thru the roof.

check out www.kbb.org (kelly blue book)...i got my 2002 when it was 1 year old from a dealership...below private party price. lol. it just take work. but a good price range is midway between private party and dealer retail...i mean they have to pay their salesman something you know....but yeah i'd stay away from that car, you dont know how its been driven, or anything. having a k&n sticker on the window tells me that the guy probably liked to rag it out somewhat....most people that put stickers on their windows like that floor it constantly (oh come on you know you do.)

my 2 cents

I got my 94 with 85000 miles on it for 3500.. i am kicking myself alittle, i think I could have talked the dealer down to 3K. He originally had 4000 on it and the paint was flawless. He's a mustang dealer only though and knows how much they're worth. He has a 97 in mint condition right now for 38000. So I almost wished i would have waited alittle longer also. :shrug: shop around.

Thanks for the advice guys. I went back and looked at it again today. It looks real nice. I was thinking about walking in with four thousand cash and offering him that. Does that still seem to high? Should I just forget about this car all together.