95 V6 Misfire

Shelby Nicole

Jun 7, 2016
So I have a 95 Ford mustang v6. It had been over heating for like a week before I was able to determine the cause of it was a radiator fan motor. When it would get hot the lifters in the valves would start to rattle a lot and then it started getting really bad a couple of days ago when my fiancé's step dad took a circuit tester and connected to our battery and then stuck it into our spark plug wire while the car was running... :bang:And ever since then the car has been running really different. When it starts it tries to die a little after like minutes even seconds sometimes and I can keep it running if I have my foot on the gas but its really sluggish it doesn't want to speed up, it misfires, and it tries to die any time I come to a stop. Honestly I don't know if these problems are from what he did or from the car over heating so much..

P.S. I found that there is like an oily water substance coming out of the intake manifold down into the air filter.. I really hope this is fixable so please help me!

• Sponsors (?)