98 Cobra No Crank No Start

Beau Granbois

Oct 9, 2012
NE Montana
Last fall I picked up my Cobra with some front end damage, over the winter I've been removing bad metal and damaged parts. Now its to the point that I'm starting to put it back together but I haven't heard it run in months. So the other day I charged up the battery, connected all of the wiring that I could find that was disconnected and was excited to fire her up and nothing. It wouldn't even crank over. I can hear the fuel pump kick on, the theft light blinks but goes out but starts blinking after I try cranking it again. I've had to replace the radiator support and it is still not in place. There are a couple of grounds that were mounted on it but I had it running with them off before a tore down the front end. I installed a new harmonic balancer, don't know if that would have anything to do with it? The car has an aftermarket alarm, it is currently disconnected because of similar issues and I do not have a stock ford key fob. I also replaced the drivers fender apron so I had to disconnect a couple wiring harnesses coming off the fuse box to get it out of there. The battery has been off of it since tear down. I hope this is enough info to get some help from someone, thank you for your time and any help.

• Sponsors (?)

There is a white/red stripe wire by the fuse box. This is the excite wire for the starter. Take the car out of gear and bump this wire to the + side of the batt. This will tell you if the starter is good/bad. Even if the theft system is engaged, it should still spin over.