98 Gt With Automatic , Want To Install Transmission Cooler

Killa

Jul 9, 2007
Is my 98 GT automatic come with 4rw70 ?
I want to install a B&M supercooler transmission cooler, any one install one of these on their 4rw70, or other brand cooler, can you post some picture ? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Now I know there are some transmission coolers out there. I've seen them posted! :p

Whatya all got that has been working well for you? Would you have purchased a different one if you had to do it over again?

You already have a tranny cooler. All automatic mustangs with a 4R70W (which is what you have) has a factory tranny cooler built into the factory radiator. Unless you are making some serious power or running an aftermarket torque converter, you dont need an auxiliary cooler

I'd suggest reading tccoa's transmission 101 article. The Ford engineer recommends if you take the car out of park, you should add additional cooling. B&m makes the really nice stacked plate ones, they're compact and built stronger than the fin and tube style. Some even come with install hardware, which is nice if you don't have access to a well equipped shop.