98 Mustang Gt Engine Hesitation Problem Can't Figure It Out

Tgriff27

Nov 24, 2014
I have a 98 mustang gt, when warm or driving after about 30 min it will start like bogging down. Won't rev over3000-4000 rpms, I'll shut the engine off while rolling down the road and restart and it'll run fine for about 10 min then start doing it again. I just rebuilt the engine, also did it before that. So I changed fuel pump to Walbro 255, new fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator. And it's still doing it, I'm about to change injectors to 24lb. I have no idea what it is and everyone I talk to have no idea. I've read other posts on here that havethe same problem but no one posted there results in the end.. It's been a year or more just want it fixed! Then it'll berunning perfect.

• Sponsors (?)

Yea I have quite a few codes. DPFE sensor popped up, if I have it right I think also evap sensor. Someone else told me they think the cam shaft position sensor. In a way it kinda does sounds like a misfire, it's when it's under load, and after it's been doin and I get out of the car I can smell the gas like crazy, smells real rich. Haven't done that to the injectors yet, just bought some blue top 24lb and was gonna rebuild them and try that. Just rebuilt the motor about 10.000 miles ago.

Gotta remember there is a rev limiter built into the car so unless you raise the level with a tuner the reason why it doesn't rev higher than that at neutral is prob your rev limiter