98 V6 stang Vs 00 Integra GSR

Ok, here is whats going down. My friend and i have been arguing for that past couple of days about who would win in a race and what it would take to get there. I have a 98 V6 stang which is totally stock (except new 9mm wires which doesent help that mcha right now anyway). He has a 00 Integra GSR With the following mods: catback exaust, 4: 1 headers, jwt racing chip, vtec controller, cold air intake, iridium spark plugs, aluminum flywheel, short shifter, rear strut bar, front stut bar. I bought my car for $6,300 with 35,000 miles on it. He bought his car for $11,700 with all of the mods previously listed minus the plugs. He says that his car would run low 14's and would take a non-modded GT with ease. Is this true??? What would it take for my stang to keep up with him?? T know that my handeling will never be comparitive to his but other that. What would it take. When you answer, please please PLEASE tell me: 1) what mod 2) how much Hp gain should be expected 3) how it helps and finally 4) price. I would like to make my car as fast as hi is without spending more than he has. Also i think that i am better at driving a stick, and i KNOW i am an overall better driver. For all the stang fans out there, lemme know what it would take. Eventally i want to race him and steal his money :D ( on a track of course :p ) ,,,, but i want to make sure i can win. I can pretty much get close to free if not free labor so just include the parts price please. I know i asked alot here but i thank you for all your help in advance.
THANKS,
matt

P.S. I posted this in the tec section too because i didnt know what it should go under

• Sponsors (?)

mustangmatthew said:
Ok, here is whats going down. My friend and i have been arguing for that past couple of days about who would win in a race and what it would take to get there. I have a 98 V6 stang which is totally stock (except new 9mm wires which doesent help that mcha right now anyway). He has a 00 Integra GSR With the following mods: catback exaust, 4: 1 headers, jwt racing chip, vtec controller, cold air intake, iridium spark plugs, aluminum flywheel, short shifter, rear strut bar, front stut bar. I bought my car for $6,300 with 35,000 miles on it. He bought his car for $11,700 with all of the mods previously listed minus the plugs. He says that his car would run low 14's and would take a non-modded GT with ease. Is this true??? What would it take for my stang to keep up with him?? T know that my handeling will never be comparitive to his but other that. What would it take. When you answer, please please PLEASE tell me: 1) what mod 2) how much Hp gain should be expected 3) how it helps and finally 4) price. I would like to make my car as fast as hi is without spending more than he has. Also i think that i am better at driving a stick, and i KNOW i am an overall better driver. For all the stang fans out there, lemme know what it would take. Eventally i want to race him and steal his money :D ( on a track of course :p ) ,,,, but i want to make sure i can win. I can pretty much get close to free if not free labor so just include the parts price please. I know i asked alot here but i thank you for all your help in advance.
THANKS,
matt

P.S. I posted this in the tec section too because i didnt know what it should go under

...I not going to lie to you. I stoped reading when you wrote that he said it could take a non modded Gt with ease, that's all I need to know where it was going form there. I hate to say it, but I think he'd win, only case of his modds. If you were both stock then it might be close but im not totally sure, AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT HE COULD TAKE A NON MODDED 99+ GT WITH EASE! :fuss:

worked v6 said:
...I not going to lie to you. I stoped reading when you wrote that he said it could take a non modded Gt with ease, that's all I need to know where it was going form there. I hate to say it, but I think he'd win, only case of his modds. If you were both stock then it might be close but im not totally sure, AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT HE COULD TAKE A NON MODDED 99+ GT WITH EASE! :fuss:

Lol ... thats funny .. I also stopped reading at the same point. As that is really a bunch of bull ... I also had a little fun with the same car (my friend has one aswell), at one point last month. I pulled him hard through the first four gears. Mind you mine is a 99, and my mods are in my sig.

Honestly, if the guy knows how to drive his car, it's very capable of low 14's. I got my car into the mid 14's with a CAI, no muffler, and the PS belt removed. But I doubt he knows how to drive his car well, so I'd say the first few times he goes to the track, low 15's to high 14's would be his best run. And if I were in that car, I bet I could give a few non modded 99+ GT's a run. Dont know about winning though, again, depends on the driver.

don't race him on a straight away

alright dude, i might be wrong about a little of this stuff, but ill be close, straight away...he will get you, top end... he will get you, off the line... he will get you, "road course" you will own him... rwd cars have always been known to destroy fwd cars in cornering (i.e. ferrari- rwd, porsche-rwd, mustang-rwd, lambo-rwd, saleen s7-rwd, etc.) but you just don't have the power / weight ratio that you need to beat him, and the mods for a v6 mustang are far and few between, for good pricable mods.. such as supercharger ... and well thats about all i can think of... so just if you race him... do it around a corner ... like i said, i don't study hondas so i might be alittle wrong about a little, but im close enough... and i agree with all of yall about the beating the non modded gt thing.. but would definitely give them a run... especially an auto gt.. but integra most likely won't win

03v6 said:
alright dude, i might be wrong about a little of this stuff, but ill be close, straight away...he will get you, top end... he will get you, off the line... he will get you, "road course" you will own him... rwd cars have always been known to destroy fwd cars in cornering (i.e. ferrari- rwd, porsche-rwd, mustang-rwd, lambo-rwd, saleen s7-rwd, etc.) but you just don't have the power / weight ratio that you need to beat him, and the mods for a v6 mustang are far and few between, for good pricable mods.. such as supercharger ... and well thats about all i can think of... so just if you race him... do it around a corner ... like i said, i don't study hondas so i might be alittle wrong about a little, but im close enough... and i agree with all of yall about the beating the non modded gt thing.. but would definitely give them a run... especially an auto gt.. but integra most likely won't win
You've never ridden in an Integra with front and rear aftermarket strut tower bars then. My car sticks to the road like glue around corners with good tires on it. Almost zero body roll. A modded Integra like that will own a stock v6 in the corners.

Integraholic said:
You've never ridden in an Integra with front and rear aftermarket strut tower bars then. My car sticks to the road like glue around corners with good tires on it. Almost zero body roll. A modded Integra like that will own a stock v6 in the corners.

i honestly haven't...

The 98 v6 will loose, but if he's saying he's beating 99-04 GT's with his mods, he's never raced one, or he raced a really bad driver.

Also remember: You are comparing an entry-level mustang from a not-so-flattering year of v6 output, to the top of the line factory integra, with more mods, 2 years newer, which cost twice the money. He will get owned by: Geared or lightly modded 5.0's, 99-04 GT's, any year of cobra 93+. And there is a car from all of those catagories which can be purchased for less than his.

Who cares how much money was paid for a car? And you're right when you say top of the line, at least in luxury, for the Integra. The Integra Type R is a lighter car with more hp. And if he's a good driver, lightly modded 5.0's would be good matches. I really have no problem with lightly modded 94 - 98's.

Integraholic said:
Who cares how much money was paid for a car? And you're right when you say top of the line, at least in luxury, for the Integra. The Integra Type R is a lighter car with more hp. And if he's a good driver, lightly modded 5.0's would be good matches. I really have no problem with lightly modded 94 - 98's.

Have you ever raced a lightly modded 94-98 GT? Last Wed. at the track, there was a 98 GT with gears, exhaust and a upper plenum running 14.2's on radials. Also, stock motor 5-spd 94-95 GT's with gears and full exhaust run similar times. Both of those cars have less mods than you.

And about the price thing: I never said that it mattered at all. I was simply pointing out that faster, better looking cars can be had for less or the same.

Thanks for all the help guys. So here is what i am thinking: I will get an Exhaust- magna flow most likely, heades- any suggestions???, a short throw, 8.8 rear end, rims and tires, suspenshion, chip, and a turbo / supercharger. What will be better for me in my situation, A Turbo or a supercharger??? What brand do you prefer?? Thanks Matt

Thanks for all the help guys. So here is what i am thinking: I will get an Exhaust- magna flow most likely, heades- any suggestions???, a short throw, 8.8 rear end, rims and tires, suspenshion, chip, and a turbo / supercharger. What will be better for me in my situation, A Turbo or a supercharger??? What brand do you prefer?? Thanks Matt

Scott_95GT said:
Have you ever raced a lightly modded 94-98 GT? Last Wed. at the track, there was a 98 GT with gears, exhaust and a upper plenum running 14.2's on radials. Also, stock motor 5-spd 94-95 GT's with gears and full exhaust run similar times. Both of those cars have less mods than you.

And about the price thing: I never said that it mattered at all. I was simply pointing out that faster, better looking cars can be had for less or the same.
Yes I have. He ran a 14.9 vs my 14.5. He also had the jump on me. You see, it really doesn't matter what the car is capable of because the car is only as good as the guy driving it. In this case, I know he had exhaust, not sure of any other mods he had, but he had a few stickers in his window. Maybe he was a ricer at heart and liked stickers, I dunno. All I know was that he was in my rear view when I finished the 1320 and I know he left after I beat him. And I only had one engine mod.

Integraholic said:
Yes I have. He ran a 14.9 vs my 14.5. He also had the jump on me. You see, it really doesn't matter what the car is capable of because the car is only as good as the guy driving it. In this case, I know he had exhaust, not sure of any other mods he had, but he had a few stickers in his window. Maybe he was a ricer at heart and liked stickers, I dunno. All I know was that he was in my rear view when I finished the 1320 and I know he left after I beat him. And I only had one engine mod.

Well, actually we are talking about what cars are capable of, not bad drivers. But if you want to talk about bad drivers, there was a guy at the track with a '05 GTO running 14.5's last week. So your car must be as fast as a 400hp GTO right? If all you knew was that you were ahead of him at the end of the "1320" you must be faster? Give me a break.

I'm not saying 14.5 is slow, thats damn quick for an integra. But you said you have no problem with lightly modded 94-98 GT's. ANY of those years with gears alone can run faster than your car with proper driving and traction.

A guy I know has a carbed POS 85 GT with a taped-up vert top, bone stock except for some headers and removed cats. He ran a 14.77 last week.

Cars cant drive themselves man. So yes, that 05 GTO was only capable of 14.5 because the driver was only capable of that time. Also, you have to take into account the different areas of the country and how far above sea level we are. You live in Cali, which is much closer to sea level than Indy. Also, we hardly ever have cool, pleasant evenings. It's almost always muggy here, and everyone knows that sucks for engine performance. So who knows, maybe a car capable of lower times there would run crappier times here. What I'm saying is, every lightly modded 94 to 98 GT I've ever seen run here hasn't impressed me. Seriously, who cares what a car is capable of? It's not about what it's capable of, it's what the driver can bring out of the car. 9/10ths of drag racing is the driver. Although, I'm curious as to what you run?

Integraholic said:
Cars cant drive themselves man. So yes, that 05 GTO was only capable of 14.5 because the driver was only capable of that time. Also, you have to take into account the different areas of the country and how far above sea level we are. You live in Cali, which is much closer to sea level than Indy. Also, we hardly ever have cool, pleasant evenings. It's almost always muggy here, and everyone knows that sucks for engine performance. So who knows, maybe a car capable of lower times there would run crappier times here. What I'm saying is, every lightly modded 94 to 98 GT I've ever seen run here hasn't impressed me. Seriously, who cares what a car is capable of? It's not about what it's capable of, it's what the driver can bring out of the car. 9/10ths of drag racing is the driver. Although, I'm curious as to what you run?

Actually, it does matter what a car is capable of. If I go out a smoke a C5, I'm not going to feel great about it because I know I only won because the other guy can't drive. Some other guy could hop in there and beat me by 2 seconds. I've only raced my car at the track once, and I ran a 15.1 @93.3. If I only cared about et's, my first mods would have been 4:10's and torque converter for easy 14.1-14.2's on street tires. But I want to open up air flow before I gear my car for a higher powerband, thats why am waiting to get a mid-pipe, and my manifold on first. I've only had this stang for 10 months, and all the mods have been done by me. Just give me some time. Also, straight line performance is not all that matters to me. I would rather have a nice looking, nice handeling, nice sounding car, with decent power way before I would want a ugly car running 12's.
Also, if you have ever been in CA in the summer, then you know how hot and muggy it gets. When I ran that 15.1, it was starting to cool down as it was in the evening, but it was still warm and humid out.

I don't know where you race, but come on out here. There are plenty on 94-98 GT's that will hand you your ass, launching on street tires. And if you wait a few months, I'll do it.

Scott_95GT said:
Actually, it does matter what a car is capable of. If I go out a smoke a C5, I'm not going to feel great about it because I know I only won because the other guy can't drive. Some other guy could hop in there and beat me by 2 seconds. I've only raced my car at the track once, and I ran a 15.1 @93.3. If I only cared about et's, my first mods would have been 4:10's and torque converter for easy 14.1-14.2's on street tires. But I want to open up air flow before I gear my car for a higher powerband, thats why am waiting to get a mid-pipe, and my manifold on first. I've only had this stang for 10 months, and all the mods have been done by me. Just give me some time. Also, straight line performance is not all that matters to me. I would rather have a nice looking, nice handeling, nice sounding car, with decent power way before I would want a ugly car running 12's.
Also, if you have ever been in CA in the summer, then you know how hot and muggy it gets. When I ran that 15.1, it was starting to cool down as it was in the evening, but it was still warm and humid out.

I don't know where you race, but come on out here. There are plenty on 94-98 GT's that will hand you your ass, launching on street tires. And if you wait a few months, I'll do it.
View attachment 510801

Straight line speed is not the only thing that matters... although it is fun to just launch and keep on climbing. Scott, are the mods in your sig the only ones you've got?

Yeah, pretty much all the mods. I don't list things about my stereo, or crap like '9mm wires.'

LOL that pic is hillarious.

And when I ran that 15.1, I didn't have my headers on, there was still some obvious weight reduction that could have been done, it could have been cooler out, and I didn't really warm my tires cause I don't want to ruin 'em. I need to get some beater tires. With some traction, I could have brake-launched from a higher rpm.

I would be nice to get into the 14's before I get gears. We'll see. :shrug:

the GSR Integra pretty much has ANY V6 stang despite the ones with power adders and heavy engine work. beating non modded GT's with ease? That part is a lie, maybe 94-98, but not 99+ But if you want to beat your friend, you are going to need a power adder.

I don't question what Christian says, he does know what he's talking about. However saying you can beat a type of car when the car isn't running the numbers it should is beating the driver and not the car. Just like in Pro Drags....they don't announce "OH...he has beaten the Ford Mustang" no they say "they beat who ever was driving it, in whatever car it is"

I give up. This conversation is going nowhere fast. Although, I wouldn't be claiming to be able to run low numbers before I actually do. You'd probably be surprised what you'd run with 4:10's and a converter. And when did I start talking about mods? You should have really learned your car before you modded it. Thats how you really bring out the most potential in any car. You can claim you didn't know how to drive your car or what, I still run mid 14's with one aftermarket performance mod on my engine and 4 cylinders. I ran a 15.1 bone stock on my car before I began modding her. Please dont talk to me like you know more about racing than I do.

Oh, and you were asking about where I run? It's probably a little place you've never heard of. Indianapolis Raceway Park. Home of the NHRA Grand Nationals.