Progress Thread 99 Cobra Clutch

SIL3NC0R

Aug 19, 2015
First post.
Recently bought a 99 Mustang Cobra. Was working fine other than a whine that sounded like the serpentine belt I thought. The next day when I went to start the car, the clutch just went on with absolutely no resistance. It just swings back and forth and you can put it into gear without stepping on the clutch when it's off. If I push the clutch all the way down it does start but can't go into gear.

I did some research and from what I found it says it can be the clutch fluid, slave, or master. I'm not very car savvy I was driving an automatic before this so idk what my first step should be.

• Sponsors (?)

I second the clutch cable. Either snapped or somehow popped out of place which is unlikely since those things are under constant tension. Look under your steering column and look for your clutch cable quadrant. Check to see your clutch cable is attached and your quadrant isnt broken. If its all good, jack up your car, take a look at your clutch fork and make sure the clutch cable is attached. If your can pull your cable out freely, you have a broken or stretched cable.

I recommend buying an OEM style cable by Maximum Motorsports. I hear the adjustable ones are crap.