99 Gt Power Window Off Track

FordBlue37

Feb 21, 2014
I recently saved my 99GT from my ex. She had allowed our kids to pull off the the widow tint. Exposing the old tint glue. Letting the window down. Has pulled the window off track. The motor works. But the widow will not let up properly. Wondering if this is a simple fix. Or do I need to take it to a pro. Any help will be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

I do not know how that came off track unless the tint residue left on the window has caused a hugh strain on the motor and ultimately caused the window to come off track. You will need to take the door panel off the door, then look to see where it came off track at. I would assume it popped out of track instead of rolling off track as the horizontal track is fixed to window and the lateral bars are fixed to the door. So you may need to take the whole assy out in one piece to fix it. If my memory is correct, you need to take some tape and apply it to the window to stop it from dropping, then undo the top 2 screws that hold the window onto the track. Then punch out the motor rivets on the door, should be like 4 of them surrounding the motor. Once that is done, the whole assy should come out. Fix where it came off track, then reinstall. you will need to replace the rivets with small 8mm bolts and nuts to secure the motor though. While you are at it, might as well regrease all the tracks and slide rollers at that time too. You will not have to take the motor off the track assy unless you can not get the roller back on track. The motor is spring loaded, so you need to pay attention to the spring when reinstalling. It may sound complicated, but really it is a pretty easy job. The hardest of this job it getting the rivets popped out of the motor support.