'99 V6 Mustang 1760k Miles. Worth Buying?

tyler520

Feb 22, 2015
Hello,

I am new here and have been doing some research before purchasing this car. I found this Mustang on Craig's List which has caught my eye and I'm going to look at it on March 1st when I'm back in state. But before I waste any time, I want to know if it's worth buying for the miles it has. My dad and his friend are good with car repairs and whatnot, so I won't be paying out the butt for shops etc.. so what am I in on this if I buy it? Also, I don't plan on doing any mods on it right now.

Here's some things to know:
- 170K miles.
- Automatic transmission (preference).
- Brand new alternator.
- Brand new battery.
- Brand new tires(wider in the back + chrome rims).
- Flowmaster exhaust.
- X Pipe with chrome tips.
- Brand new headlights with HID's.
- Blows cold A/C and heat.
- Full tune up a month ago (New spark plugs, oil change, air filter, etc).
- Aftermarket intake installed.
- Has a check engine light (EGR valve needs replaced - no big deal).
- Extremely clean interior.
- Body is 8/10 (has small crack on bumper).
- The lady (owner) says it has been well kept and maintained and is her daily driver with no problems.

Is there any questions I should ask the seller beforehand? She wants $3,000 cash but I can easily talk her down on it.

To top that off, I'm 21 and this will be my first car. I am considered a "new driver" so I'm kind of curious about insurance on it as well (State Farm & Liability only).

Let me know and thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Insurance is going to be pricey nothing u can do about till you are a more expirience driver. I recommend progressive they have something call the snapshot discount which I use on my cars. Basically if don't hard brake u can get anywhere from 0 to a 30% discount save me 80 bucks a month on my policy. Before I would even consider that car I would take an obd scanner with me and make sure that is just the egr that's throwing the code, as it is a simple fix. Other than that well it all depends if it was beat on or not. I would ask if it has had a transmission fluid flush and filter replace as it has a lot of miles if not I would get that done. And well due to age and miles things will eventually require to replace things as maintance but over all these car are pretty good and reliable as long as u take care of them and do the proper maintance. Then I would deff upgrade the suspension when you are ready as the suspension is not the best on these cars. I went with eibach springs and sway bars and sr control arms and koni adjustable shocks and it makes a big difference