A/c System Repair Questions

94mustang5334

Jul 12, 2015
Usa
Hi my compressor locked down or at least the clutch pully. Long story short they is no pressure on the system an it s a R-134a system. So I bought a brand new compressor with clutch pully. The accumulator/drier (on fire wall). The orfice tube, pag oil came with the compressor, and complete o rings. I was told rule of thumb is to always replace the accumulator/drier when you replace a compressor. So I did. My question is now I've heard the condenser can NOT be flushed. And neither can lines that have the little round muffler/filter? So do I need to buy every part to make system new why would they sell flush kits? I just need all the help I can get I have worked in ac for homes for years so I have vacume pump an gauges to do the evacuating an re charge its just all I've done is brand new installs? ? Never been on service depo so I don't know if I could successfully get all trash out of the system. . If the compressor exploded

• Sponsors (?)

More than likely you just need to use the vacuum pump on it and recharge the system from my experience most of the time the compressor doesn't contaminant the rest of the system

I call BS. I have done a ton of AC work. You have done absolutely everything correctly. Flush the rest of the system with 2 cans of AC flush, and blow it all out with air.

Kurt

I've done a lot of a/c work also probably more than you honestly cars, road tractors, farm equipment you name it I've worked on the a/c system and never had a problem with contamination from a compressor