Progress Thread A Short Shelby Type Hood For A 69 Mustang

I tried this one on my 69 and it fit just as good as the original did ,i am very happy with the turn out .
If i can find a 69 coupe body i will be making the end caps ,trunk lid ,The tail panel and the roof sail panels for the Mexican Shelby .I just need a body to fit the pieces .
Bm5h0tUCUAAV1AE.jpg large.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Well the first one is wrapped , boxed ,stuffed with paper and ready to be shipped .I taped the crap out of the box ,i glued the box and i wrapped the edges of the hood with foam pipe insulation .This thing could be dropped from an air plane with out any damage :rlaugh:Someones going to have fun unwrapping it :doh:

I have the trunk lid and end caps for a coupe convert now ,Soon as i get my hands on a coupe body i will start in on the Mexican Shelby back end pieces .
I noticed the tail panel does not have the license plate in the middle like the American Shelby does ,it uses a 70 type pop open cap .It also does not have the license plate lights at the top of the panel .I have a Shelby tail panel as well so i will modify it to look like the Mexican tail panel .I will also texture it like the American tail panel ,then i will make a new mold .

Tracking shows the hood in Texas ,should be delivered soon .I sure hope so ,a haven't slept very well the last couple of nights worrying about it getting broken up or lost .
I sent a 64 Galaxie tear drop hood for a light weight 427 Galaxie a couple of years ago and it was split right down the middle from the forks of a fork lift while being shipped :eek: That was a night mare !

The first hood was delivered today:banana: No damage and the box was intact :nice: I may have gone a bit over board with the packaging ..Is three rolls of tape ,a large plastic bag for the hood ,and pipe insulation on the edges of the hood ,lots of stuffing in the box and gluing the box shut A bit to much ? He said he couldn't hardly get the box open :rlaugh:

Reactions: 1 users
This is a pretty good company ,the driver put labels all over the package ..this end up ,fragile ,top load only ,and without me even asking .The driver that delivered it even stayed long enough to help open the box ,that i am told was not easy to do:rlaugh:,and inspect it for damage .I will be using them again.

Ok guys ,be sure you get a quote in writing from the shipping company .I got a call last night ,they want to charge me an extra $39 for the hood package i sent .They claim the package weighed 116 pounds :eek:...the hood only weighed 34 pounds ,must be very heavy card board .I weighed it 4 times at 53 pounds boxed up. Turns out my shipping company passed it off to Southwestern shipping lines ,and they think they can make some extra off me ...Think again :fuss:

I have another one boxed and it weighs 63 pounds ,but i also have an extra 69 Mach 1 scoop in the box with the hood .To over weigh a package by double weight is very wrong .
I called the shipping company and they said " It is possible that the dock worker may have left a pallet on the scale when the box was weighed ,but she can neither confirm this or deny this but to keep in good standings with their customers they will drop the additional freight charges " Wasn't that nice of them :doh:

Are you still making these? I want one! Where are you located. I did read you ship too. How much are they now? I am serious about buying that hood. I have been wanting that design for years. Let me know please!