Accidents

• Sponsors (?)

Came within $250 of totalling my 97 a few years ago. Going down a road with no turn lane and the car in front of me changed lanes into the left without signaling. Some old lady was turning left and stopped in the lane. I couldnt change lanes because there was traffic beside me so i hit the brakes and slid into her. It was one of those misty nasty days in oklahoma and the car slid about 2 - 3 car lengths and never left a skid mark. Air bags deployed and the only injury was a broken pinkie finger for my wife because she was reading and had her hands out in front of her when the bags went off.

I almost got hit yesterday.

I'm at a four way intersection and the light turns green. I have to make a left turn so I'm waiting for the people going straight to pass by. Then I see someone signalling left so I start making my turn. Apparently he must have had some kind of mental handicap because he kept going straight. Luckily I have the faster car ;)

i got rear-ended twice in the same month. the first time was by some dumb girl who was talking on her phone while driving her cavalier around midnight. the second time was during rush hour by a gt that was hit into my back bumper by the guy in a big truck that rear-ended him. needless to say....ford's good ole' styrofoam on the inside of the bumpers must have saved me from any damage....not even the paint was chipped in either incident. hopefully i won't jinx it now....

yeah, bless that special styrofoam.
i havent been in an accident yet, but my brother has had some things happen to his cars. 2 weeks after he sold his old white 94' mustang, the kid totaled it by driving thru a blinking red light, some old lady hit the pass side and no more cruising for him. all the side panels were useless, the frame bent, and the rims were too. my brothers current 01' GT conv. was hit at school, while parked, while he was taking a test after school, and i was outside waiting for him, by his best friend who had a mercedes kompressor hatchback thing. The benz had my bro's friend in it and a couple other kids, and he was showing off in the parking lot (very few cars left) and he tried to spin or something in reverse and park right next to my bros car. but instead he smacked right into the rear drivers side, the bumper pressed in about 6 inches and popped back out instantly after his car lunged forward. The funniest part was while the mustang only had a small crack (about as thick as 2 hairs running about4 inches long running on the upper lip of the bumper), the benz has hit my brother's stainless steel bassani exhaust, which sticks out past the bumper about an inch, and ripped deep into the benz's rear bumper. all in all, the benz owner paid for everything, he replaced my brothers rear bumper, had it painted at a shop, had the shop check the alignment of the exhaust (since it was hit it was slightly angles about 1 degree off from where it was supposed too :rolleyes: and had the bumper inserts replaced along with that expensive foam (it isnt cheap really)
and for the same price to do all that, the benz had its bumper fixed, to replace it would cost double. My brother was really cool about it, the benx owner thought he would be really pissed, he called him from outside right after 'dude i hit your car' '...no u didnt' im sure he had played that trick on my bro before, like the boy who cried wolf, lol
and here ends my largest post ever, hope it makes sense somewhere
me = :lock: