Adapting GT intake to the v6

fazm83

Apr 8, 2005
phoenix, arizona
4-MRT_After.JPG

By lookin at that, it seems like you can just change the last rubber hose piece to one thats round on both ends instead of oval.
Anyone else thought about doing somin like this? I just like this intake because it actually takes its air from the fender area, not the engine area (colder air).

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, its been talked about before. When i was talking to Doug (my tuner(Bamachips)) not that long ago we were going to do a few test runsif we could using it... seeing how it worked out. i still plan on doing it within the next month or so.

Interesting.

Heres my question? I used a SVT Focus intake on my 2.0 zetec Focus. The SVT had 170hp vs my 130 hp. My reasoning was that if the intake could support 170hp on the SVT it should be more than adequate on my zetec.

Is the lower airbox on the GT the same as on the V6? Im guessing that it has a larger intake opening that allows more air into the box than our V6 does. If so I would go that route and get a nice tube like the one pictured to straighten out the airflow between the MAF and TB.

I am not a fan of CAI's on daily drivers. They suck in hot underhood air, they are not protected from water, and if your not careful the filter oil will coat the MAF wire causing false readings.

I like a stock appearing engine that is highly detailed with some tasteful cosmetic mods.

I need to compare intakes with a GT owner.