Adjusting shift points with the Diablo Predator

Are there any Diablo Predator users out there who can provide a little more explanation on the following parameters? I want to get a Predator and improve the auto shifts but I want to understand what I'm getting first.

Torque Modulation: This will adjust the amount of torque available during a shift, Setting it to 1 will allow 100% of the torque to be used during the shift, thus yielding a firmer shift.Amount of torque available during a shift?

RPM Shift Point= Adjust the WOT shift point by RPM for each shift. WOT shift point? Seems self-explanatory. I understand this to be the RPM at which the shift will occur if the pedal is floored. But does this change part-throttle shifts?

Shift Firmness= Adjust the WOT shift pressure for each shift, this allows for a firmer shift under wide open throttle.Shift firmness? What's a firm shift? Is this the duration of the shift? Again, this does not sound like it will affect part-throttle shifts

I'm more concerned about part-throttle shifts vs. WOT shifts. I do 99.99% of my driving at part-throttle. Specifically, I want 1st and 3rd to hold longer and not shift into the next gear so soon. Is that possible with a Diablo Predator or any programmer?

This is my daily driver, not a race car. I just want to make it more fun to drive.

• Sponsors (?)

This is what I got from DiabloSport. *sigh* It almost sounds like a reply from outsourced tech support.

QUESTION: I have a 2004 Ford Mustang GT with an automatic transmission. I am considering purchasing a Diablo Predator to improve the shifting characteristics of my car. I'm not so concerned about WOT shifts but mainly part-throttle everyday driving.

Can you describe what these settings are? What would be the recommended settings for more aggressive shifts without snapping my passenger's neck?

Torque Modulation
RPM Shift Points
Shift Pressure

------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER:

Dear [propellerhead],

The Performance tune that is included in the Predator has already firmed up the shifts and made them more aggressive. Due to everyone liking their shifting different we have given you the ability to adjust this to your preference, you can adjust it 5% at a time until you find what suites you best.

Thank you for your interest in DiabloSport!
Stay tuned,
Chris, a proud member of the DiabloSport Support Team