Aeroforce Interceptor Reads All???

StanglovR1

Mar 29, 2012
Boston
In anticipation of installing my blower my interests have been turned to reading real life data to prevent failures. I am not to familiar with these devices other than mechanic gauges I have used in the past on jeeps, so excuse my lack of knowledge.

So F/A is obviously one of the most important diagnostic when runnin FI. From what Ive been told tapping into the O2 sensors does not give a "true" reading. I've been told exhaust temp is a better what of determining lean/rich conditions???

So does this gauge setup really read everything off of the OBD. Is it cracked up to all it said to be?

• Sponsors (?)

In anticipation of installing my blower my interests have been turned to reading real life data to prevent failures. I am not to familiar with these devices other than mechanic gauges I have used in the past on jeeps, so excuse my lack of knowledge.

So F/A is obviously one of the most important diagnostic when runnin FI. From what Ive been told tapping into the O2 sensors does not give a "true" reading. I've been told exhaust temp is a better what of determining lean/rich conditions???

So does this gauge setup really read everything off of the OBD. Is it cracked up to all it said to be?
Your 01' does not use a wide band o2 sensor where most newer cars do. Your best bet will be to look at the AEM wide band o2 sensor kit (with gauge) or an equivalent. I mention AEM only because I've used them on a lot of customer cars with great results and longevity. While EGT was the way to monitor this in years past, technology has pushed us into a new direction. Tapping into the narrow band o2 in your car is not the answer, long story short.
Check this out here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/avm-30-4110/overview/
If you were to invest in any one particular gauge, this is what I recommend.