Alignment Fix

Jaystang83

Oct 31, 2011
California
I have a 69 convertible that seems to not hold its alignment any more. Has stock suspension, with newer bushings etc. Gets negative camber, And wears the insides of front tires after a few drives in the car. What would be my best options for better handling, and alignment. Do I need to go with an entire k member and rack setup or can I get away with tubular a arms? I've been looking a lot online and the options are a little overwhelming. Any input would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

Since the spring on upper arm system uses shims for alignment, and unless you are losing the shims while driving, I am at a loss to understand your vehicle "not holding" it's alignment. What condition are the springs in? Has ride height been measured against spec'? Do you have any excess play in the steering linkage? I have previously owned a fastback and never had a problem with alignment shift.

It is possible the cam bolt on the lower control arm is turning .you can replace it with a positive lock .Any parts vender should have them .
Is there play in the tie rod s or worn control arm bushings ? The upper control arm shafts may also be worn ,it is a worm gear type set up and sometimes they strip out the shafts .