Alternator Relocation

Chadh1203

Jan 24, 2016
Wondering if anyone has tried and successfully relocated their alternator to sit underneath their intake? I have several things working against me, one is I am running 3/4" thick motor plates that rule out trying to put the alternator in its stock location(as seen below). Second, my turbo is positioned to the passenger side which rules out the Power By Hour kit that mounts on the passenger side. Pics below for my mock up. Any help or guidance would be appreciated

33eb485e588348f65d18cb6c8419ed08.jpg
d9d5eece1ccd1e785fde9b7f7370c863.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

The only thing that comes to mind for me would be to contact a company like ATF who makes motor plates for these motors as I'm sure they have ran into this same question before. Other than that, typically what I do (talking about pushrod motors here) is fabricate a mount off of the motorplate to hold the alternator. Have pictures with the motor plate installed on the mock up engine?

Thanks for the response, and yea I will reach back out to Patrick at ATF and see what they say. No, I haven't put the plates on yet but as soon as I do I will put some pictures up. And I was thinking of doing the same, just flipping the alternator around on the plate itself (making a bracket) but don't know if I would be able to align the belt because the plate is so thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk