Amp Power Connection To Battery Positive Terminal

Middletown111

Sep 12, 2016
Recently bought a 2016 V6. I am trying to connect a 0 2 gauge power wire to the battery positive terminal to power an amp. I was hoping the terminal would have a post with a nut to connect the new wire lead to, but turns out there is no post on the positive terminal.

Curious what others have done to tap the battery terminal to power their amps or subs. I want to avoid any risk of a weak connection now or a chance of corrosion in the future (such as with incompatible metals in contact).

• Sponsors (?)

Recently bought a 2016 V6. I am trying to connect a 0 2 gauge power wire to the battery positive terminal to power an amp. I was hoping the terminal would have a post with a nut to connect the new wire lead to, but turns out there is no post on the positive terminal.

Curious what others have done to tap the battery terminal to power their amps or subs. I want to avoid any risk of a weak connection now or a chance of corrosion in the future (such as with incompatible metals in contact).
Pictures are usually helpful in a situation like this, as much as I want to park my car in the office that doesn't fly with management :nonono: