And This Is Why You Stick To Mm Parts (not Even Steeda) Update Resolved

talk about crappy service!
stuff like this is why i only deal with a hand full of shops. last one outside the normal few i delt with tried to blame my shocks not fitting on the heim joints in the afco's. after measuring everything and send it to the owner of the shop i got the "can you make your own spacers"... well yea i can. but i shouldnt have too. and this is a shop many feel is the best there is when it comes to suspension

yea i know if i had an issue with my year old UPR ARB thats been sitting in my parts pile ready to get installed when we do the mini tub i know i could call them and they would fix it. hell i bottomed out my car awhile back and bent the steel CC plates from them. called and talked to Sharad told him what happen and not even 5 minutes later Jeremy called me and asked if i wanted to upgrade to the aluminum ones (.250' steel vs .500" aluminum).

good service goes a long way. ****ty service goes just as far!

Too bad Jeremy left UPR a few years ago. Although I personally would never buy UPR, he is the only good guy I know that was there. I know him from back in the day when he used to turn wrenches with Bart Toebner at Thunder . I heard he is selling RV's now?

• Sponsors (?)

AM, lol. I bought a wing like onefine88 has, it arrived with a cracked and broken 3rd brake light. Called and they said they were outta stock. Hold onto it and they'd ship one out when they came in.... Months later after calling weekly. I see them on their site. Called. Sorry you've had it too long..... Rrrrr
Needless to say I spoke to the Manager. And after offering to get my credit card co involved they took it back and gave me full credit. No more AM. For me!!

You know what's funny about them? They like to lay blame on everyone but themselves for derogatory comments on forums. That's great and I know it happens but at what point do you start looking at company processes?

Reactions: 1 users
You know what's funny about them? They like to lay blame on everyone but themselves for derogatory comments on forums. That's great and I know it happens but at what point do you start looking at company processes?

Well, I guess it boils down to money, just like everything else. These days customer service isn't exactly paramount like it was in the 80's. There are so many idiots with money that look at advertising instead of reviews, they can treat customers like crap and still make bucks. Ever seen the AM calenders and advertising? They spend A LOT OF MONEY there. ..I imagine they may review processes if their bottom line dipped as low as their reputation.

Well, I guess it boils down to money, just like everything else. These days customer service isn't exactly paramount like it was in the 80's. There are so many idiots with money that look at advertising instead of reviews, they can treat customers like crap and still make bucks. Ever seen the AM calenders and advertising? They spend A LOT OF MONEY there. ..I imagine they may review processes if their bottom line dipped as low as their reputation.

Anyone remember Excessive Motorsports back in the day? They had HUGE multiple page ads in every Mustang rag and paid them to do installs (with of course rave reviews by the magazine), yet they were TOTAL crooks and stole everyone's money and hacked up all the cars.. I can name several more. Too often newbs think OH if they are in this Mustang magazine with these 2 page ads they have to be good... lol

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone remember Excessive Motorsports back in the day? They had HUGE multiple page ads in every Mustang rag and paid them to do installs (with of course rave reviews by the magazine), yet they were TOTAL crooks and stole everyone's money and hacked up all the cars.. I can name several more. Too often newbs think OH if they are in this Mustang magazine with these 2 page ads they have to be good... lol

I can name a tuner in the Houston area I got suckered into like that. :mad:

He had a whole bunch of GT 500s out front. Turned out he had to buy them because he blew the engines up in them.

Hello 2000xp8,

May I please have your contact info as Steeda takes these matters very seriously & I would like to look into what took place & speak to my leadership team.

Private Message sent.

Best Regards,

TJ

Reactions: 2 users
"That sucks to hear... and I have Steeda on my car. Control arms, and did have a tri-ax shifter. In fact, they used a photo of my car and the car of another member here in an advertisement. I emailed them asking for a t shirt of license plate frame or something... Got zero response. I won't buy their parts anymore either.

Oh, and I didn't like their shifter."

Whom did you speak to our email about the plate or t-shirt? We get many emails & inquiries throughout the day. Some may not make it to our inbox for whatever reason - I would like to look into this for you as well.

Best Regards,
TJ

Reactions: 1 user
"That sucks to hear... and I have Steeda on my car. Control arms, and did have a tri-ax shifter. In fact, they used a photo of my car and the car of another member here in an advertisement. I emailed them asking for a t shirt of license plate frame or something... Got zero response. I won't buy their parts anymore either.

Oh, and I didn't like their shifter."

Whom did you speak to our email about the plate or t-shirt? We get many emails & inquiries throughout the day. Some may not make it to our inbox for whatever reason - I would like to look into this for you as well.

Best Regards,
TJ

I honestly don't recall who it was, seems like I found a "contact us address" on the website. It's been a while and I've cleared my sent items folder. Here is the picture that was used. It was displayed on facebook.
image.jpeg

Back in the 90's early 2000's I was a distributor for Steeda products when I ran my own performance shop. I sold dozens of their shifters and clutch cable/quadrants, lowering springs, lots of chassis stuff, cams ect. ect. All of my customers loved their stuff. Got rave reviews all the time. Can not speak to the current situation, but they were great to work with.

2000xp8 good morning, my name is Scott Boda and I'm with Steeda Autosports. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Since it was so long ago I'm not sure who you might have talked to in sales but regardless we want to get you taken care of.

We offer 3 styles of control arms for 79-04 Mustangs, steel, aluminum and our billet weight jackers. All 3 of them use different diameter bushings. With that said, unless you told us exactly what part number you bought, it would have been hard to get you the right bushings.

Do you have pictures of these control arms you can send me or any measurements? Do you have the part number you originally bought? I've been with the team here for over 17 years and I'll make sure we get you taken care of and your arms rebuilt properly.

Thanks,

Scott

Reactions: 2 users
I honestly don't recall who it was, seems like I found a "contact us address" on the website. It's been a while and I've cleared my sent items folder. Here is the picture that was used. It was displayed on facebook.
image.jpeg

Whats your shirt size and address, I'll gladly send you a t-shirt. You can email me the info and sorry no one ever got back to you.

Scott

2000xp8 good morning, my name is Scott Boda and I'm with Steeda Autosports. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Since it was so long ago I'm not sure who you might have talked to in sales but regardless we want to get you taken care of.

We offer 3 styles of control arms for 79-04 Mustangs, steel, aluminum and our billet weight jackers. All 3 of them use different diameter bushings. With that said, unless you told us exactly what part number you bought, it would have been hard to get you the right bushings.

Do you have pictures of these control arms you can send me or any measurements? Do you have the part number you originally bought? I've been with the team here for over 17 years and I'll make sure we get you taken care of and your arms rebuilt properly.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks scott.
The arms are the black lightweight aluminum ones.
They are quite a few years old, I don't have the paper work and I don't see any part numbers on the arms themselves. (i'll look again if you tell where it may be) I knew there could be different models or changes over the years, which is why I called instead of getting them at summit (which are in stock there and consequently would have made them easier to return)
I did give the rep last week the part number on the bushings that were in the arms (which is what lead me to believe there is not replacement), but I have since put them back together and on the car.
The design of the new ones is very similar, both 3 piece, the original ones are just larger.
If I remember correctly the existing bushings were yellow (although they don't look yellow now).
I put the car back together, but I wedged the digital caliper in, and appears the old ones are just about 2 inches in diameter give or take a bit. The new ones you guys sent me are about 1.8 inches.

Just to be clear, the original mix up was not a big deal to me. Stuff happens, but when it does that's where the great companies shine. I've said that many times here on stangnet over the years.

Thanks,
Joe

Thanks scott.
They are quite a few years old, I don't have the paper work and I don't see any part numbers on the arms themselves. (i'll look again if you tell where it may be) I knew there could be different models or changes over the years, which is why I called instead of getting them at summit (which are in stock there and consequently would have made them easier to return)
I did give the rep last week the part number on the bushings that were in the arms (which is what lead me to believe there is not replacement), but I have since put them back together and on the car.
The design of the new ones is very similar, both 3 piece, the original ones are just larger.
If I remember correctly the existing bushings were yellow (although they don't look yellow now).
I put the car back together, but I wedged the digital caliper in, and appears the old ones are just about 2 inches in diameter give or take a bit. The new ones you guys sent me are about 1.8 inches.

Just to be clear, the original mix up was not a big deal to me. Stuff happens, but when it does that's where the great companies shine. I've said that many times here on stangnet over the years.

Thanks,
Joe
Hopefully they take care of you. I'm curious to see how they handle this, I need to buy some parts also...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks scott.

Thanks,
Joe

Hey Joe, thanks for the reply.

I believe you might have received the bushings for our steel lowers and not the aluminum lowers like you have. Looking at the bushing tube prints, the aluminum lowers have an ID of 1.950" and the steel lowers have a bushing tube with an ID of 1.750".

Wow, the ones that blew out were yellow in color? Now that's a blast from the past. I bet the bushing has the numbers 2302 on them because we only made 2 kits with yellow bushings 79-98 (555-4503) and 99-04 (555-4603). They haven't been in production since 2003 but I do have some more yellow replacement bushings in stock.

Just to be clear, you should not be running the bushings with the 1.8 OD in your aluminum lowers with a 1.950 ID bushing tube, that's too much slop. Please email me directly your ship to address, and what year your car is and I'll gladly send out a FREE set tomorrow to you as FedEx is loading up as I type this.

FYI we have 3 bushings options for that arm, Yellow 95 durometer, black 90 durometer and red 85 durometer. Just let me know what you want.

Once again sorry for the inconvenience and the trouble this has cause. But at the end of the day, we'll make this right.

Thanks,
Scott

Reactions: 4 users