Another Radiator Thread...suggestions?

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
Churchton, MD
After a little deeper investigation it does appear that the factory radiator on my 2003 GT has failed. Most likely cause: cracked plastic end tank. I pour water into the reservoir up top and the water just empties on the passenger side of the radiator down towards the bottom.

The car is still pretty much in stock form, no major engine modifications to speak of, just exhaust. It sees daily duties for the most part (though I do now have a second vehicle).

Should I stick to an OEM-style radiator with the plastic end tanks that could crack again as a replacement, or would it be worth upgrading to an all-aluminum radiator for at least twice the price? If all-aluminum, is there a preferred brand?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, by the way. I did end up going with a stocker and it arrived recently...seems all the vendors had the OEM units on an extended backorder.

But it may not have been the radiator alone after all. It's leaking from somewhere though. Anyway...I finally got around to taking it apart tonight with the intention of getting it running. When I took the fan off of the radiator, the back of the resistor just fell out. So looks like that mayhave been presenting a problem and causing the fan not to run.

I'm gonna see if Ford has one tomorrow and try to button it up.