Another supercar for the world

Route666

Aug 16, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
http://www.joss.com.au/

Australian designed, current prototype performs 0.1s slower to 100km/h than the Enzo Ferrari, and is made of fibreglass and has an iron block.

Aluminium blocked carbon fibre production version will produce approx. 100hp more than the prototype and weigh 90kg less.

The car creates more than its own body weight in downforce at 300km/h, so like a F1 car, can theoretically be driven upside down. (if you don't worry about needing a lot of force to stop tyres from slipping at such speed).

• Sponsors (?)

Nice car, BUT, doesn't do a thing for me. Nostalgic drag racing, now that gets my blood pumping.

Attachments

• frantic4.1.jpg
    frantic4.1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 155
I prefer the modest supercar (see sig).

0 to 60 in 4.6 (R&T)
1/4 mile 13.2 (R&T)
Lat. G's 1.06 (R&T)

All with 1.8 liters of displacement and $40,000 price tag. I have a great video of the Elise taking a GT3 and a Ferarri F40 on a track. Got to love a car that can eat a GT-3 and an F40 at a fraction of the cost.

When I first saw it, I though somebody has finally built a supercar the way I thought it should be. Would have been my choice of a trademark colour too! I like the tiny camera replacing the mirrors, the exhaust exit, leaving the underbody to be sculpted for aero, the front wheel vents that actually create downforce.

I think the motor could have been a bit more sophisticated, but as the man said in an article, the engine will redline at 5750 and have lots of beef low down. Personally I'd rather a 10 cylinder DOHC mod motor in it!