Another Tire Size Question

PonyJoe

Mar 14, 2004
Northern Virginia
All I really need is a yes or no answer. I've got the rims picked out I want, I just need to know if they'll fit.

17x9 with 275/40/17s. Will they fit on the front end of a 2002 V6 without rubbing? I'm almost positive the backs will fit fine, but since the front ones turn (duh, who would've thought that), I'm a little bit weary to purchase without knowing if they fit without rubbing, and I mean no rubbing at all. If I turn the wheel as far as it will go, I don't want any rubbing anywhere throughout the turn.

I told myself I was going to get new tires the same time I was getting rims, and right now I'm in need of new tires. Two of my tires have small leaks and I have to refill them with air like every other day.

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure about 275's, but...

...I just put 17's on my 6 with 245/45's and so far no problem.
Try going to the tire store sites and find one with a tire size calculater so you can input you current size and then the ones you are going to use to see what sort of a size difference there is.
HTH

275's will definately clear in the rear but definately be weary about the fronts. I would say 255 max. I know 94-98 definately not but the 99's and up had a little more room. Besides if you went that wide on the front I expect the tires will stick out a bit and not sure it will look to good. Also any dirt on the road will end up all the way down the side of your car. I would reccomend 275 rear & 255's up front. They will fit on a 9" rim.

Hope this helps. :flag:

My brother has a 95 GT with 255's all around and his front stick out past the lip but the lip on your year extends out a little further. I know when he wears out his backs he wants to put 275's in the rear. I have 245's all around on my V6 and didn't really want any bigger because thats alot more weight and I don't quite have the HP to push them. Working on it though, rear bearings are going out so I'm upgrading the whole rear to 8.8 rear with 3.73, new upper & lower control arms and adding the quad shocks. I have 145k and figure while I'm down there!