antenna

Wolvrin704

Apr 17, 2007
Milford, OH
Got the 03 GT just over a week ago and already want/need to do a mod. In this case its something simple, just wanted to see how many others had done the same.

Took the car through the auto car wash here (I know, big mistake!) and it slightly bent the antenna. Since the thing is like 50 ft long (or so it seems) I thought I'd replace it with a shorter aftermarket. How many have done it?

Looking at a 13 inch billet from American Muscle, only $26.99 which isn't bad. I hate long antenna's so I would have replaced it anyways.

• Sponsors (?)

A shorty antenna is a subtle way to add looks by taking away (length). Either the homemade way or store bought version, the stock whip antenna looks way out of place to me and should be replaced by one of those. I started with a cheapo autoparts store generic one, but it looked too thick and was the type that bent over in the wind. Not cool.
I too ended up the 8" AM version that did look a little dramatic at first to me, but have gotten used to it and now prefer it. Far FM stations take a beating though, but that's what the CD player and/or open windows are for.

ChinSpoilerShortyAntennaLarge.jpg
[/IMG]

Damn, I'm too late!

You should have cut the antenna down to size an re-painted it. You could have saved a good amount of money, for the same exact end product.

Word to the wise, before other people out there spend money on this mod.

Thanks, but its already bent and what I'm paying for a new one is chump change. At least this isn't hard to explain to the wife. :)