any young cobra owners here?

striped

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2002
I just got a quote from my insurance guy and he said 6months of coverage on a 2003 cobra would be 6k for only a half of a year. Im 19 years old and have 1 ticket and never been in a wreck, dose that sound high to u? I was wondering if any one as young as me has any sort of cobra and how much dose it cost you yearly, thanks

chris

• Sponsors (?)

I was 4200 a year added onto my parents plan. I was also covered on their cars, 02 bmw 325i and 02 chevy trailblazer. this was with full coverage on a 99 cobra coupe, I was the main driver on my car. I was 17-18 at the time with a clean record.

striped said:
I just got a quote from my insurance guy and he said 6months of coverage on a 2003 cobra would be 6k for only a half of a year. Im 19 years old and have 1 ticket and never been in a wreck, dose that sound high to u? I was wondering if any one as young as me has any sort of cobra and how much dose it cost you yearly, thanks

chris

I have a 96 cobra and pay $415.00 a month and have no tickets but crash and totaled my 96 GT and Im 20 yrs old.

i'm 20 and i just have an 03 GT and i still pay 313 a month. i'm on a plan with my dad (745Li) and my younger brother (M-Coupe, 325i). I have no tickets on my record and no accidents. I can't imagine how I would afford insurance on a Cobra until I am older.

4 drivers.

55 Male
54 Female
22 Female
21 Male

02 Trail Blazer V6
01 Cavalier I4
99 Mercury Cougar V6

$351/month.

Remove the Cougar, add GT: $371/month. Add Cobra: $393/month.

2 at fault accidents on the policy, 1 nature accident.

I'm 18 and own a 97 cobra. You all are turning around and bending over for insurance.....you're getting R A P E D ! ! ! ! I'm with state farm and pay $858 ($143 a month). Thats with full coverage all with deductibles of 500. All you have to do is get the good student discount and then go through this "Steer Clear" program. It doesn't cost anything except a minute every now and then to record driving times by yourself. F U C K that $1000 a month ****AT!!!!

I'm 18 and own a 97 cobra. You all are turning around and bending over for insurance.....you're getting R A P E D ! ! ! ! I'm with state farm and pay $858 ($143 a month). Thats with full coverage all with deductibles of 500. All you have to do is get the good student discount and then go through this "Steer Clear" program. It doesn't cost anything except a minute every now and then to record driving times by yourself. F U C K that $1000 a month ****AT!!!!

i pay $125/mth

1500 a year, full coverage

19yrs old, no accidents, 1 ticket and full cover + $500 deductible

i dint have to do any course.....