Anyone else real wishy-washy with car decisions?

...Or am I the only one... Seems like I can't EVER make a hard and fast decision concerning my Mach 1. I started out building a big block, but we're expecting now so I went back to a 351C for cost concerns. Now I can't decide between Aussie heads or 4V heads, what manifold, etc. Hell, I can't even decide between yellow/black or black/argent for my paint scheme. Am I the only one that goes back and forth between choices like this? I feel like I'm chasing my tail, I can't get anything really accomplished.

• Sponsors (?)

ALL THE TIME!!!! decisions decisions decisions. like whether to buy that 68 tbird, or the 85 mustang svo. or the 88 turbo coupe. or the 87 V6 tbird. or build the 351w for my 66 mustang, or stay with the 289? go with a 5spd or the top loader 4spd. should the falcon get a 5spd to go with the 250? or should i build a C4 for it? yes, the car hobby is fruaght with decisions, and waffling back and forth. STOP MAKING ME THINK ABOUT THIS, MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!:rlaugh::rlaugh:

For me it's not so much wishy washy as having to bow to my lack of funds. Quite a few projects on the stang have had to be adjusted to meet a students budget. That is why my car is going on 4 years in primer now. Gee, I didn't realize it had been that long. I need to quite school and go get a job.

I hear you on the student budget subject... I'm almost done with my EE degree and my school is making a PITA to get finished for me. If it wasn't for my student budget my car woulda been put back together a year and a half ago. I start off with a good budget plan, then I get stupid again real fast and buy a part that costs twice as much as the one I planned on.

To me that means you just want what's best for your car and you want it to be perfect.

Here are some examples of things I went through.
First, I was going to make my 351 fuel injected, I bought a Trickflow upper/lower, throttle body, MAF, all the wiring, I had everything except for the fuel system modifications. Then I decided to go carbed, and sold the intake, but kept everything else, which I ended up using on my 86.
Wheels, first (after the 5 lug conversion), I had Cragars, the Bullitts, now Prostars.
Paint, I shouldn't even get started, this is the order of me changing my mind on colors:
Grabber blue, silver, black, emberglo, silver, grabber blue, dark shadow gray, grabber blue, sonic blue, and now a bright blue like true blue pearl or something. I dunno.

For me, it was easy.

When i had money, i would buy the best parts/mods i could get...

...when i didnt have a pay check, i would bootleg everything. Pepboys here i come!

But the money coming in strong now, so its all good!

StangDreamin' said:
Now wait just a cotton-pickin'' minute here Bubba! If I remember correctly; you should now have lots of time! They're not making you walk around in circles carrying a stupid sign all day, are they???

Actually no, but have been picketing for most of the last two days at a company C.O., then driving around (in the Stang of course) waving the picket sign at other locations in the San Gabriel Valley and Orange County.

I did that as well. Walked around at Yuma Main C.O. in the mornings; where we had excellent shade in the AM from the trees in front of the office building to the East. We also had quite a few friends/acquaintences (of the female persuasion :D ) in that building; who would come out of breaks and visit/walk with us. Fixed a "campout breakfast" a couple of mornings; which brought out a few more friends. In the afterrnoons, I went back to a previous industrial electric job; wiring some new manufacturing equipment :nice:

Back "sorta on-topic". I'd been a little wishy-washy on getting some work done on 1/2'NKs little truck; replacing the wasted motor mounts and growling starter (a real PITA with that big V6 in that pint-sized engine bay :bang: ). Finally decided That I'd start on it Saturday after work - which turned out to be too late! Found out that, while I was grabbing parts, she was parking her truck at a family friend's house.....and Little Red never started again -solenoid and Bendix ceased operation. Had to throw all my tools and some of No Kitten's into the back of my truck and do all the work in our friend's side yard (rather than our own carport) :nonono: Took about 14 hours; and the flex plate (flywheel for those not used to vehicles with automatics) ring gear now looks like CRAP! :( The new starter is catching it no problem, but I hope it hangs in there as long as we keep the truck; 'cause I can imagine pulling the motor to replace that sucker has to be a royal pain!
GM SB-sized 6cyl + mini-truck-sized engine bay = about as much room for your hands as is in a Boss 9 :rolleyes:

Still Dreamin'

Let's see, in the 5 or so years I've been building this car it has had:
3 sets of seats
2 sets of valve covers
2 air cleaner housings
2 sets of rims/tires
2 transmissions

I'm not wishy washy at all :crazy: