Progress Thread Anyone Have Any Experience Replacing 06 Mustang Gt Lash Lifters

PonyBoi2015

Oct 6, 2015
Anyone have any experience replacing 06 Mustang GT Lash Lifters

Wondering if I could swap them out WITHOUT removing cam or doing anything to cam?

Should I replace with stock OEM or is there another brand you would recommend. I'm not planning on keeping the car much longer BUT I don't want to half !@# it just to save 50-100 dollars. Don't drag race competition ones but evidently the originals arent that good. Heard this is fairly common with these lash lifters.

Any help would would be greatly appreciated

Also will I need special tool to get old ones out and put new ones in

I seen a youtube video with this aftermarket tool but it wasnt for fords
Is there something I could buy to make this easier to get in and out? Is it for sale online and is there one made for Fords?

Thank you in advance

Picture is sample tool I found but its not for ford...do I even need it or is there one just for my car / lifters ?

Attachments

• lifter tool.jpg
    lifter tool.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Sponsors (?)

I have used a long flat screwdriver to remove and replace lash adjusters in years past and have had no issues in doing so. OEM replacement lash adjusters have always done the trick in years past for me, I have no experience with any of the aftermarket brands.

do I have to do anything with cam..if all I'm doing is swapping out lash lifters? and thing I need to know about putting new lifters in too?

sorry I missed this email notification for some reason!??

but thanks for info so far

You do not have to do anything with the cam in specific. Rotate the engine so that the valve is fully closed and use a wide blade flat head to pry up and out the roller follower. You will need to use the flat blade to pop it back in roller follower once you replace the lash adjuster. Do a google search I think there is a good write up with pictures on how to do it. I have done it several times on a 2V which is exactly the same method on the 3V engines.

EDIT: The lash adjusters are dirt cheap so it's a good idea to just change the whole bank since you have to pull the cam cover to do it why not? I would buy a whole set from Summit. They sell the FRPP brand in sets.

Reactions: 1 user