Digital Tuning Anyone Here Any Good With A Moates Quarterhorse?

I have the qh and be... Decipha did my tune... I know enough to screw something up.. Lol. I agree I thought the learning curve is pretty steep. Pretty sure you shouldn't worry about getting idle dialed in perfectly until your fuel is dialed in though.

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah, I don't think my A/F is too far off....but since there's near a foot of snow on the ground here, base set up and idle are pretty much all I'm able to dial in right now.

I believe his A9L2 mapping is pretty darn close though. It already runs better than it did with the stock A9L mapping, in conjunction with Pro-M's MAF meter calibration, to compliment my 30lb injectors.

I guarantee you that if Decipha did your tune, he used TunerPro RT to do it. He's a big believer in TPRT and hates BE with a passion. Ironically, he seems to have the same opinion of it, that @addermk2 has about TPRT. :D

I'm not ready to abandon TPRT just yet. I've gotten this far with it and I haven't seen any evidence yet that tells me it's capabilities are in any way inferior to Binary Editor. It seems that many guys actually prefer Tuner pro RT to binary editor in some cases.....datalogging being one of them. I think I'm going to plug away at if for a few more weeks.... At least until Spring anyway. It's not like the cars going to move until then regardless.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I don't think my A/F is too far off....but since there's near a foot of snow on the ground here, base set up and idle are pretty much all I'm able to dial in right now.

I believe his A9L2 mapping is pretty darn close though. It already runs better than it did with the stock A9L mapping, in conjunction with Pro-M's MAF meter calibration, to compliment my 30lb injectors.

I guarantee you that if Decipha did your tune, he used TunerPro RT to do it. He's a big believer in TPRT and hates BE with a passion. Ironically, he seems to have the same opinion of it, that @addermk2 has about TPRT. :D

I'm not ready to abandon TPRT just yet. I've gotten this far with it and I haven't seen any evidence yet that tells me it's capabilities are in any way inferior to Binary Editor. It seems that many guys actually prefer Tuner pro RT to binary editor in some cases.....datalogging being one of them. I think I'm going to plug away at if for a few more weeks.... At least until Spring anyway. It's not like the cars going to move until then regardless.
I have never heard him mention tuner pro, pretty sure he recommended be to me years ago

Sent from my iPhone

years ago I used to use BE, for the past few years Ive used TunerPro exclusively, not only for fords but ducati, gm, lotus, nissan, infinity, subaru, bmw, porsche, saab, volvo, mercedez, fiat, renault, vw, acura, mazda, etc... pretty much everything that I can I use tunerpro on its much more flexible than BE and the datalogging FAR EXCEEDS binary editor by a long shot

here's my tunerpro strategy file for tuning most all 99-04 fords http://info.efidynotuning.com/fbfg2.htm