Anyone Know Of A Vocational/trade Schools In Texas That Teaches Student To Work On Classics!!!

spiderjason

Jan 15, 2016
My mustang could be a daily driver as it is now runs good... I also started using the car as a daily drive about two years ago but ended up buying another car for a daily driver...

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself before I just start posting... My name is Jason. I own a 1966 Mustang coupe 289 auto transmission... I've owned the car for about four or five years.. I live in Needville, TX which is about 30-45 Mins South of Houston, TX...

My mustang could be a daily driver as it is now runs good... I also started using the car as a daily drive about two years ago but ended up buying another car for a daily driver...

I'm kinda of getting interested in getting some body work done to the car... I'm not going to spend the money to make it a show car... It's a 1966 mustang coupe therefor don't want to put an outrageous amount of money into the Mustang... I am hoping that there are some members on here that are in the Houston, TX area that can help and know people or places that do good work... I would like to find a somewhat reasonably priced person to do body work... I know wouldn't everybody
alert.gif
I am not looking to make it a show car... I do prefer to have metal replaced with metal being welded back... Not looking for bondo work.. If I was I know someone that works with fiberglass and he would teach me to do that... It has rust coming in the typical areas windows "back is the worst", behind rear tires, behind passenger window there is a bad spot, doors...

Honestly, not sure about paint right now... I would be fine with body work and primer to protect what has been done until I make a decision on the paint color and expense...

I have talk to someone that bought a 70's dodge dart and he is sending the car to a school that teaches students in doing body work on classic cars and teaches them mechanical work and making them into hot rods with the motor, trans and rear end... He was secretive about the school said he knows someone that works there but didn't want to give too much info about them... I believe he said it was in the Dallas, TX area... I wouldn't mind sending my car to a school like that because he said all he has to pay for it parts, supplies and materials... He doesn't have to pay for labor... If anyone knows about schools that do this please let me know even if they are out of State... I would be open to researching them...

Back to the Houston, TX area if anybody know a place or person that does body work on classics please let me know... I have had a couple of people say they would just love to have something to do and work on the car for free but honestly don't know them and just have a bad gut feeling about them... So here is a long intro and if anyone can help I look forward to hearing back...

• Sponsors (?)