Roush Anyone priced out what it would cost to make a saleen clone?

Sierra

Founding Member
Jun 2, 2002
Minnesota
Anyone priced out body pieces only to make a 99+ saleen clone out of a cobra. I do not care about engine plaque's or interior, just exterior.

Who has the best prices on kits or all of the saleen body kits?

• Sponsors (?)

Check out speedworx.com or haneymotorsports.com

The cost can very depending on how close you want the replica to be. If you just want the body kit and the wheels you would be looking at about $5000. If you do the suspension, blower, hood, exhaust... it can get pretty expensive. However, you can use substitutes for the last few items and get off cheaper with better performance.

i.e. - Magnaflow catback and x-pipe is much cheaper than the borla stuff from Saleen.

The suspension can be replaced with Maximum Motorsports stuff and H&R springs and you will have a better handling car that looks better (IMO).

Good luck...

5t???

:nonono: Should be alout less then that

$1050 for the kit (front and rear fascias,side skirts, and all necessary screens and openings.

about $200 for saleen wing

$235 for Graphics

Grand total of 1485 without shiping costs. Then you have to pay someone to put them on and paint. ( or do it yourself). For just apperance looking at about 2500 in the end

Re: 5t???

Originally posted by LiquidCrew03
:nonono: Should be alout less then that

$1050 for the kit (front and rear fascias,side skirts, and all necessary screens and openings.

about $200 for saleen wing

$235 for Graphics

Grand total of 1485 without shiping costs. Then you have to pay someone to put them on and paint. ( or do it yourself). For just apperance looking at about 2500 in the end

And wheels? And side scoops? and C-Pillars?

Plus prep and paint on the Saleen kit is not cheaop if you want it done right, plus the kit normally needs some touch up to get it to fit right.

There is another 2500 easily. Looking at about 5K.

what about the stalker kit??

149_600.jpg

:nice: Problie going on my 03 cobra. Let me know what ya think.

Thanks for the input guys. And no Im not looking at buying a V6 Mustang and throwing a saleen body kit on it. I Just would like to have a fast car with the looks of saleen, and don't want to pay a premium for it at this point in my life...

I think I will wait till I pay off my cobra, and then either keep it and buy another cobra (probably wont happen) but I will probably sell the cobra and build up a 99 or 2001 cobra with a saleen kit.

Okey guys that have saleen or saleen clones.

I have a few more questions:

What are some good aftermarket seats, they don't need to say saleen, but they need to have cushions and side bolsters, I do like the ford racing ones, are there any others that are like the ford racing type?

What exhaust does the 99-2001 saleen's have? IE: What Headers, what mid pipe, and what catback?

I would be replacing the midpipe with an off road version. I ask because someone said they "have made the switch" from borla, what do they use?

Also what are the largest wheels I can put on the back?

What are the largest tires I can put on the back?

Between the previous owner and our efforts, we have about $10,000 into our clone. We have duplicated just about everything and worked especially hard at grubbing and searching for correct badging too. My advise, unless you really like doing the work and don't have the downpayment, get the real thing. We are proud of our baby though and many Saleen owners have complimented on the car. see the pic link below:

Attachments

• saleen101.jpg
    saleen101.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 406
  • Sandy at Carlisle3.jpg
    Sandy at Carlisle3.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 364
  • saleen5.jpg
    saleen5.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 359
Santinas pony, I think I talked to you a while ago, and you sent me an email with a list of everything you purchased for your car. Your car looks great, I dont want to make an exact clone, but Exterior wise I want it the same.

Do you happen to still have that email in your outbox?
You had sent it to [email protected]

2 More questions

1: Does anyone know where I can order a saleen Extreme hood? Chicane no longer has them in stock

2: What is needed to convert over to saleen E center exhaust? Do you need the rear bumper and an extra 100 dollar upgrade or what? Thanks everyone.