Anyone Running A Pypes O/r H From Am?? Fitment Question.

1987stangman

Jul 12, 2006
Had to remove my old o/r H to do a clutch in my 2000 which was a POS Summit brand. I decided to get a better one and bought the Pypes o/r H from AM. Had some extra time this afternoon so I decided to install it so I can get the car back on the road as I will need it next week. Of course nothing is simple, and the drivers side down pipe from the stock manifold hits the sub frame where it bolts to the body. It just barley touches it but I know it will most likely make noise. Next issues, same side, is sliding the H portion on everything is to far over making getting the cat back on that side impossible.

It almost looks like they did not bend the down pipe enough near the flange to me, I kinda irked about it but there is nothing at this point I can do other then send it back. I really wanted to buy a Mac but they want 45 bucks to ship it. I bought this one because it had great reviews on AM website.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a Pypes exhaust years ago and I didn't have any fitment issues with the X-pipe. In fact, a friend and I were able to get that thing on and off a few times. But there are always variances between different cars and different parts. And it is tight under there to begin with. So I can see how it might not fit.

Yea, I was a little frustrated last night. I basically worked 12 hours and really had no business working on my car. I had today off though so I had plenty of time to tinker with it. Fitment was OK except the passenger side wanted to rub on the sub frame but I managed to get it off a hair. I decided to weld the joints instead of using the band clamps that came with it. I thought they would be a good idea when I ordered it but putting it together changed my mind. At this point if I don't have any leaks I'll be good to go. I can't start it up to find out because I have not put the tranny fluid in yet. Tomorrow is another day!