Anyone see BobV's car in the magazine?

zookeeper

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2001
Rogue River, Oregon
I got my new issue of Mustangs and Fords today, and much to my delight, there is BobV's awesome clone! I must have stared at the pics and re-read the text 10 times already! I was all set to paint my clone project blue with white stripes, but now that I've seen it done in white-white, with blue stripes, I may have to rethink that. I've nearly ruined my new magazine with my drool! Great car! :nice: :hail2: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks Guys! I'm anxiously awaiting my copy... Magazine mail here in Kansas seems to take about a WEEK longer! :rolleyes:

I went to about 10 different stores today trying to find it. I have some pictures that I got from Jerry Heasley after the photo shoot, but have absolutely NO idea which pictures made the magazine or what he wrote about the car... :rlaugh:

Hate to tell them, but I swapped to a 5-speed over the winter - the wife is STILL mad about THAT! :lol:

The funny thing is, most of the time when I see a neat car in a magazine, I usually play armchair quarterback and think about how I'd do this or that different, but your car is sooooo "right" as it is, there is nothing I could see doing differently. The wheels are perfect, the car has a common theme, the stance is perfect, the list goes on and on. All too often people screw up a car with just a few things that don't look right, or paint it a color best suited to a different car, or it sits too high, but yours is stunning. You have given me a new target to aim for with my clone project, which will be more of a "Shelby-inspired" car than a copy. Man, am I jealous! :D

I saw it! I saw it!

Good to see your car in the magazine Bob. Great pics and a good writeup. :nice:

I got mine on saturday and immediately flipped through it and bam! there it was. That paint it so distinctive, I knew it the instant I saw it, before it even registered in my brain that those were Hopsters, or the "clone" in the side stripe. :cool: