AOD

Well I scored an AOD trans out of a 91 Stang today. All I had to do was take it out. I took the drive shaft for the yoke, the trans, the plate between the motor and the trans. Someone had already swiped the wiring harness so I gotta find one of those. What can I get a 28oz flex plate off of for this setup can I use the one off the C6? It will be going behind a 351C. I am going to get the trans gone through, beefed-up and a shift kit installed. Will be purchasing a lokar TV cable. What will be needed to connect the stock shifter (70 mustang w/C6) to the AOD?
Any suggestions for a torque convertor the one I'm using now has about a 3200-3500 stall.

• Sponsors (?)

I think the 351C uses the same bolt patern on the flywheel as a small block. If that is the case just use the AOD flywheel and have a machine shop reballance it to 28oz.

The stock shifter can be used with a conversion kit from PA trans or you can make your own out of rod stock.

You can make your own wiring harness out of female bullit connectors and the stock nuetral safety/reverse lights harness or you can junkyard the proper connector and do it that way.

Make sure the flex plate is compatible with an AOD, I tried to use a 164 tooth flex from a C-4, didn't work, off by .040" I've heard of other people using shims to get the space, but Autozone had one in stock for $50, hopefully I didn't mess anything up... anyways double check depth before you try to bolt up your aod.

I believe the flex I got was from an 80 Fairmont 302.

if the 70 originally came equipped with a 351 and auto trans, it would have had an FMX as the original trans, which means the neutral safety/back up light switch is mounted in the shifter assembly so you don't have to wire up anything from the aod at all, since it's already in the shifter.