Are Ford Racing wheels better that the others..?

ScortLX

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2001
Parker, Colorado
Hello everyone. Just wanted to ask a question that seems very easy but I'm asking for help. Are Ford Racing Wheels any better than other alternatives? (ie AFS, OE Wheels, Replica Alloys (Discount Tire), etc) I'm getting '03 Cobra wheels in the spring and the price is going to be different by $200 or so between the alternatives. I have a friend who has the FR500's by Ford Racing and they look slightly better to me than the replicas that another guy has. Just asking because I want the best ones I can get for finish, lifespan, etc. Thanks! Also, does anyone know any place that carries Ford Racing rims with free shipping or a lower price than $145/rim at LMR? Thanks! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I think the ford racing wheels are slightly better quality...especially if chrome.

Polished and painted wheels tend to be about the same. Any good brand wheel should be decent and pass basic safety standards. Haven't heard of many people having aftermarket wheels crack on them....dent yes...but only 19"+.

Should be fine as long as you don't go chrome

you should be fine getting other wheels or knockoffs. i think the only issue ive seen was someone bought HyperBlack FR500's and one of the rims was definitely mis-matched color wise than the other 3, not enough to notice on the car, but set all 4 next to eachother and it was noticeable.