are these numbers right?

mustangmat99

Jan 30, 2004
look at my signature..all the performance mods on there were on there when i bought the car, i also have the dyno sheet that has those numbers on there..now..it doesnt say rather or not its at the wheels or at the crank, it only says 287 and its point whatever hp, not bhp or wrhp, just hp...you think he had it dynoed at the crank? are is that doable wrhp for a v6, he gave me a buttload of info that procharger gave him, and on my car with the I/C setup, it says it gives it 70 to 100%, so with 190base, lets over shoot here, 100% would be 380hp...or if u go with 70% would be about 330 hp ...my head hurts from the math though, lol, so what do yall think? i have beaten stock gts, and lightly modded gts, who have what like 260? stock at the crank? which would then...crap...maybe it is at the crank? im disappointed...well let me know yalls .02, i dont have the guys number or email i got it from anymore, so i cant just ask him myself

• Sponsors (?)

i goofed, its rated for 50% to 80% hp increase not 70 to 100....im dissapointed, the more and more i think about it, that 287 looks to be more at the crank, so im only pushing like 250 at the crank...oh that sucks...still let me know ur imput, but i think i already know the answer

With those mods, I would guess you would have more than just something like 250 at the crank. 286 seems more like the right number, but that would be crank power, so thats like somewhere in the neighborhood of 230-240 at the wheels if i do the math correctly. A stick 2003 Grand Prix only has like 265 crank power. So 286 at the wheels would be a real strech, although not impossible I'm sure.

yea i know, my math isnt good, i was just generalizing it and it seems more like crank hp, oh well, it holds its on, or did, it needs to get retuned and trans looked at, but yea crappy, but its good, thanks

pretty sure thats to the wheels, ive seen similar procharger setups runninig 11psi that put out just under 300hp at the wheels. you gotta realize that your car had 190 crank hp stock which translates to around 160 or so rwhp, 287rwhp is not bad at all

also just wondering but are you still running the 7.5" rear end and do you have forged internals?

If the guy had it dynoed at the fly I'd call him an idiot. He would have to take so much apart just to hook up the dyno wheras he can strap down and hit the gas all in one peice and see what pops up. HOWEVER the only thing I can think is if the installer had taken the tranny off for somereason while he was installing the procharger and then hooked it up there. I'd say you have a reasonable quote.

That is a very good point, never really thought about that. Those numbers are most likely at the wheels then I'd say. It's jsut so much easier to run a dyno at the wheels than crank. And 287 at the wheels is damn good I think.

oh i know thats what i thought, why the hell would u wanna do all that work rather then just dynoing the wrhp, i agree...but i just started getting hesitant for some reason to think it was at the wheels, but yea i totally agree, thats why i asked...