Engine Are Tuners Worth It

arena314

Sep 15, 2015
So I bought my car completely the way it is and it has a tune on it but I don't have the tuner for it and I'm not sure what type of tune it has on it. My question to you would be is it worth getting a bama tuner off of American muscle? I would imagine it's already tuned to all the mods it has but would you guys recommend getting one and re tuning? My brother has an 06 3v 4.6 and he has a bama tuner with a cai and when he put it on his stock car he swore he felt a big difference but when I drove it I didn't feel a really big difference over it on the stock tune and intake. Lmk what you guys think. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Would I feel a nice power increase? Like I said it is tuned but I have no idea if it's tuned to all the mods it has and it has a decent amount
I felt a difference in my ride. And over all difference as well in the way the engine runs and idles. And better had millage

sent while thinking of mods for my 4.6s using tapatalk

I have 373's pi heads with pi intake pypes off-road x magnaflow mufflers a tr3650 trans cold air intake and short shifter I have a decent amount of upgrades but I'm not sure what tune is currently on my car so even if I just get a tuner and re tune it will it help me?

I have 373's pi heads with pi intake pypes off-road x magnaflow mufflers a tr3650 trans cold air intake and short shifter I have a decent amount of upgrades but I'm not sure what tune is currently on my car so even if I just get a tuner and re tune it will it help me?
Help you how? Are you having issues with it? If its not running :poo:ting, why waste the cash?

It doesnt't run bad but I hooked it up to a scanner and I'm running rich. Plus when I give it gas the rev takes a few seconds before it idles down it runs a little rough in that way it almost seems as if it has no tune on it at all. Another thing is wont it set the redline higher because I could use that too

It doesnt't run bad but I hooked it up to a scanner and I'm running rich. Plus when I give it gas the rev takes a few seconds before it idles down it runs a little rough in that way it almost seems as if it has no tune on it at all. Another thing is wont it set the redline higher because I could use that too
Mod engines are notorious for having slow rev downs. I guess the tuner would set your mind at ease for knowing that its actually tuned and leaning up the mixture a bit could possibly net you a few ponies.

Yeah I just want to increase drivability and get my car to run leaner idk if I believe the whole gain up to 21 horsepower thing they claim but I'm sure with will make my car drive better

Yeah I just want to increase drivability and get my car to run leaner idk if I believe the whole gain up to 21 horsepower thing they claim but I'm sure with will make my car drive better
I had 2000 that i tuned and it gained about 3 to the wheels, not worth doing if youre looking for the hp gain unless you get some serious mods. And even then you should dyno tune it. But it does make it alittle more fun on the streets, i noticed a significant difference in high end power.

Would my engine run better and would I feel more power? I honestly don't even think it has a tune
define "run better"? About the only benefit you could gain is by using a tuner that can adjust timing. The PI cams are a bit bigger and require more timing. The bama tuners allow for a global spark advancement so those might work. You dont have much done to the car to warrant a tuner plus any tuner worth a damn is an easy $500+ dollars.

Non-PI:
Intake .462" lift/201 @.050"
Exhaust .462" lift/208 @.050"
114 intake C/L
113 exhaust C/L

PI:
Intake .507" lift/200 @.050"
Exhaust .534" lift/210 @.050"
114 intake C/L
115 exhaust C/L

Yeah I'm really looking to increase top end because these 2v's are horrible in the top end
top end is horsepower, you simply need more.

Last edited: