Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have gathered that the Gila is taking a hiatus.

Now is the time for one of my seldom handed down Stangnet prophecies.

( those who doubt are more noob than Noobz :O_o: and might want to ask Mike why that image is in his signature )

The Gila will wait, yes. But only until Mrs. 1157 gets the idea that Mike is being a dick.

The Gila waits for no man. He is however, content to wait on the mistress. :)

Mark it.

/SNprophecy

For the record, Today starts that process. This evening, leaving straight from work, the Wife picks me up, and we drive to ATL for the night before boarding the super spartan airline carrier known as Spirit Air bound for Ft Lauderdale.

Nope, I am now down to one opportunity per week ( Thursday) to work on the car, with maybe an occasional Sunday thrown in if I get lucky. This Thursday is gone because of where I'll be, and Sunday I've been " tasked" to change out the Wife's pool liner ( an annual event )

I swear if it was up to me, there'd be a bare spot in the back yard where that POS used to be....

But it's not up to me.

Nobody listens until it's too late. :nonono: Guess it's kind of the definition...

• Sponsors (?)

Nobody listens until it's too late. :nonono: Guess it's kind of the definition...
It was no secret that I was limited to one day a week to work on the car Kreskin.
And at an earlier point in one of my other threads, I stated that the upcoming corporate training would mean that the car would set for a week untouched as well, so again, no Nostridamus points there either.

The Noobism that I'm having trouble deciphering is the part where Mrs. 1157 will get the idea that I'm a dick, and what that has to do with the g monster waiting on her????

Looking through mud here

You know that plant you're going to is a giant sterile room with robots assembling and welding and painting those beemers together, think you should haul the gila up there toss it in the que and let the robots finish er up for ya

Reactions: 3 users
And so it begins....
Vacation V 2016.1

For those that have already experienced the lowest common denominator air travel that is Spirit Airlines, I'm here to testify to those that haven't.

It ain't that bad.

When you board, you are immediately aware of the fact that there will be no in flight meal.

Matter of fact, there'll be no in flight anything.......unless you pay for it.
Again, I'm ok with that. If the airfare can be had as cheaply as it is ( 300.00) RT for 2 from ATL to FT. Lauderdale, then the other carriers can keep their can of coke, and little bag of peanuts.

But I still found the lightweight race seats, with the little tiny book shelf for a folding tray amusing enough to feature in today's update.
image.jpeg

Ck out the aluminum seat backs,.....EvenThe Monster's cheap assed Procar seats have a plastic cover hiding the back.

You can still buy stuff to eat and drink on the plane, don't get me wrong,.... It's not like we died of thirst or anything. And We did discover a really cool little drink as a result of having to pay, so again, things worked out in the end.
image.jpeg

A Buzzball. Worked EXACTLY as advertised.:nice:

And considering that It's about 1:23 in Ft. lauderdale, and we haven't eaten, we decided on the soup.

image.jpeg

So, still gotta drive a couple hours to our condo in the keys,....

Maybe we'll just eat the burger instead of the soup.

Reactions: 9 users
And so it begins....
Vacation V 2016.1

For those that have already experienced the lowest common denominator air travel that is Spirit Airlines, I'm here to testify to those that haven't.

It ain't that bad.

When you board, you are immediately aware of the fact that there will be no in flight meal.

Matter of fact, there'll be no in flight anything.......unless you pay for it.
Again, I'm ok with that. If the airfare can be had as cheaply as it is ( 300.00) RT for 2 from ATL to FT. Lauderdale, then the other carriers can keep their can of coke, and little bag of peanuts.

But I still found the lightweight race seats, with the little tiny book shelf for a folding tray amusing enough to feature in today's update.
image.jpeg

Ck out the aluminum seat backs,.....EvenThe Monster's cheap assed Procar seats have a plastic cover hiding the back.

You can still buy stuff to eat and drink on the plane, don't get me wrong,.... It's not like we died of thirst or anything. And We did discover a really cool little drink as a result of having to pay, so again, things worked out in the end.
image.jpeg

And considering that It's about 1:23 in Ft. lauderdale, and we haven't eaten, we decided on the soup.

image.jpeg

So, still gotta drive a couple hours to our condo in the keys,....

Maybe we'll just eat the burger instead of the soup.

I'm diggin the soup!:rlaugh:

Reactions: 1 user
And so it begins....
Vacation V 2016.1

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
I've seen those buzz balls at the liquor store, you recommend them then?

I really enjoy that soup too, you should get a double portion!

Have fun buddy, don't drink so much that it seems like a good idea to take your clothes off when you're on the beach. Sun burn can be bad in certain places.

Have fun buddy, don't drink so much that it seems like a good idea to take your clothes off when you're on the beach. Sun burn can be bad in certain places.

Meh, YOLO

Reactions: 1 users
The keys? Am I hearing a Stangnet Roundup coming? I will let you know I am a fine connoisseur of craft beers, fine rum and boxed wine. I have to keep it classy.....and a bit pirate:pirate:

Just about spit my beer out thinking of Mike's face when a bunch of us knock on his door. About choked when I thought of his Misses giving him hell thinking it was all his idea.... :fight:

Reactions: 3 users

I can say that they are the real deal. No beer or wine based drink trying to be liquor, it is liquor. It wasn't the best I've ever had by a long shot, but it wasn't bad. ( just like the plane it was served on) I liked it well enough to see if they had it in my market, sadly, they don't

I can say that they are the real deal. No beer or wine based drink trying to be liquor, it is liquor. It wasn't the best I've ever had by a long shot, but it wasn't bad. ( just like the plane it was served on) I liked it well enough to see if they had it in my market, sadly, they don't

If they have Spec's liquor over there, they carry them.

Edit: might just be a Texas thing, not sure.

The keys? Am I hearing a Stangnet Roundup coming? I will let you know I am a fine connoisseur of craft beers, fine rum and boxed wine. I have to keep it classy.....and a bit pirate:pirate:

Just about spit my beer out thinking of Mike's face when a bunch of us knock on his door. About choked when I thought of his Misses giving him hell thinking it was all his idea.... :fight:
I'm here to tell ya, if a bunch of you knocked on my door unbeknownst to me, it wouldn't be Kate you'd have to worry about.

But then I'd put you to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.