Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

They don't, but I know a couple of guys in Houston that could ship them to me.....

Tried that once. The nice people at the post office told me it's illegal to mail alcoholic beverages. I didn't know that... Seems the only way to mail it would be to... Lie. You know I can't tell a lie.

Edit.. That really happened about 20 years ago. Let me look into it.

Edit edit: nevemind. Read the fineprint. Spec's only ships in Texas to licensed sales establishments.

Last edited:
Yes, that's cause they're a member of the federal govt, and are restricted from shipping alcohol across state lines. but after you go into one of those licensed sales establishments, you can buy, and then reship via private carriers ups or fedex

on vacation in sunny Florida and you post more now than you did before. There's drinking to be done sir. Those cocktails absolutely will not consume themselves.

Reactions: 4 users
on vacation in sunny Florida and you post more now than you did before. There's drinking to be done sir. Those cocktails absolutely will not consume themselves.
Last night was the reference standard for "over indulged".

There'll be no more alcoholic beverages consumed while I'm down here.

Reactions: 4 users
Learn to walk that line man. Unless it's tequila and then you're in for a a ride down the rabbit hole and there's no telling how far it will take you.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok. Are you all done now?

Spent all day NOT drinking. Paddled around in a Kayak for about an hour....my head hurt too much to continue with that.

I entertained the fish with the notion that I was trying to catch one of them. Ended up feeding them bait after another hour.

Went in and watched a streaming version of Where Eagles Dare...
That was good for another 3 hours.

After that went to the pier, watched all of the fish watching me back, and went to diner.

I ate one of their cousins.

Now, all that's left to return to normalcy is about 1 hour and a wake up. Then back to Miami, back on Walmart airlines, and then I'm home.

Did I mention that I can't stand to do nothing?.....Bad enough when it's just one day around the house..., But three days in a rental house in a market that is about nothing but lazy lounging all day long....

It's a wonder I haven't tried to start walking back.

I'll bet the Monster will be so glad to see me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
You sound like my

Spent all day NOT drinking. Paddled around in a Kayak for about an hour....my head hurt too much to continue with that.

I entertained the fish with the notion that I was trying to catch one of them. Ended up feeding them bait after another hour.

Went in and watched a steaming version of Where Eagles Dare...

After that went to the pier, watched all of the fish watching me back, and went to diner.

Now, all that's left to return to normalcy is about 1 hour and a wake up. Then back to Miami, back on Walmart airlines, and then I'm home.

Did I mention that I can't stand to do nothing?.....Bad enough when it's just one day around the house..., But three days in a rental house in a market that is about nothing but lazy lounging all day long....

You sound like my grandfather. After his cup of coffee he was in the garage until it was time for dinner. I swear he would intentionally break things so he would have something to do in between projects.

Went in and watched a streaming version of Where Eagles Dare...

Well, the keys are all about fishing, drinking, and lounging and there aren't many decent beaches (nonexistent in Key West).The only times I would spend more than an afternoon there were vacations with my wife's family where, you guessed it, we would go out fishing everyday. I enjoyed those vacations but I'm pointing out that there isn't much else. I visit family in Miami several times a year. If I'm down there the next time you vacation there, I can at least direct you to my grandma's house for some real home cooked Cuban food...if that's your thing of course.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You sound like my

You sound like my grandfather. After his cup of coffee he was in the garage until it was time for dinner. I swear he would intentionally break things so he would have something to do in between projects.
My grandfather was the same way. He rarely went a day without going to his shop. He could not sit and idle for long periods of time.

Well, the keys are all about fishing, drinking, and lounging and there aren't many decent beaches (nonexistent in Key West).The only times I would spend more than an afternoon there were vacations with my wife's family where, you guessed it, we would go out fishing everyday. I enjoyed those vacations but I'm pointing out that there isn't much else. I visit family in Miami several times a year. If I'm down there the next time you vacation there, I can at least direct you to my grandma's house for some real home cooked Cuban food...if that's your thing of course.

Can't say I've ever tried Cuban. Being down near Houston you don't see too many Cuban joints. Sounds interesting...

Keys are a tourist trap

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.