Build Thread As Requested: Project Horse Manure

• Sponsors (?)

Good on you for taking children that for whatever reason needed a new home.
And great piece of property BTW, nice dirt....
As big as it looks, You should give it a name like Southfork, or Reatta or something outta some other movie/show based in TX.

I just came through a "dissimilar" situation where we opened our door (and our spare bedrooms) to a couple of teenage friends of my younger son.

My situation turned out differently than yours, and both are gone now, but the last kid lived here for over a year. Both had mothers, one had a divorced father, and neither parent cared whether their kid(s) was sleeping in a safe place, or a cardboard box.

We live in the city with the best school system in the state (Hoover HS, featured on 2 a days) And despite that, the amount of strife that led to all kinds of issues w/ the family was as rampant as if we lived in some inner city PS system in NYC.

Even the older sons friends used to hang out here because our house was "so peaceful". (Gotta give my wife ALL the credit for that, all of the kids are terrified of me)

Reactions: 1 user
Good on you for taking children that for whatever reason needed a new home.
And great piece of property BTW, nice dirt....
As big as it looks, You should give it a name like Southfork, or Reatta or something outta some other movie/show based in TX.

I just came through a "dissimilar" situation where we opened our door (and our spare bedrooms) to a couple of teenage friends of my younger son.

My situation turned out differently than yours, and both are gone now, but the last kid lived here for over a year. Both had mothers, one had a divorced father, and neither parent cared whether their kid(s) was sleeping in a safe place, or a cardboard box.

We live in the city with the best school system in the state (Hoover HS, featured on 2 a days) And despite that, the amount of strife that led to all kinds of issues w/ the family was as rampant as if we lived in some inner city PS system in NYC.

Even the older sons friends used to hang out here because our house was "so peaceful". (Gotta give my wife ALL the credit for that, all of the kids are terrified of me)

I can somewhat relate to that kind of childhood. Like I said, I had a lot of help when I was younger. I was and am still grateful for the help I got. I can't say what would've happened to me if someone didn't care.

Last edited:
What's the scoop on the new shop? Maybe i've missed the details but am very interested! I was playing in the dirt this weekend doing the site work for my new building!

What's the scoop on the new shop? Maybe i've missed the details but am very interested! I was playing in the dirt this weekend doing the site work for my new building!

It's going to be 40x60x14 with a 12x12 door on each end, and a 6' walk thru next to each bay door so I can open it from either end, and pull a truck/trailer all the way thru. Fully insulated.

Reactions: 1 users
FYI:
if y'all want to check out my son's instagram, he got some good video of us beating on the turbo car today.

He is ugly_duckling87

Reactions: 1 user
@02 281 GT

Thanks man! I've have problems with instagram since yesterday and couldn't post.. been about to throw my phone away..lol.

I had one of the boy giggling after a good pull. Haha! I love it!

I'm actually beginning to get caught up and hoping to start again bodywork soon. Fixed ac in two cars yesterday. . had a birthday party the day before with 50 people in the house and a rental waterslide in the front yard.. it never ends.

Welp, it's been a while. Thought it was time for an update of sorts. No real progress to speak of other than FIRST MUSTANG IN THE SHOP!

20151002_192805.jpg

We have some more work do do around here and some moving, but she's back home where it's convenient to work on.. so hopefully progress will ensue. Did i spell that right? Anyhoo, there she is folks. I'm gonna try to get the turbo car off the jackstands (LOL) this weekend and limped out here as well... so wish me luck!

Oh, and no burnout yet. The boy's car developed a brake problem and i need no more doors in the shop.

Reactions: 4 users
Welp, it's been a while. Thought it was time for an update of sorts. No real progress to speak of other than FIRST MUSTANG IN THE SHOP!

20151002_192805.jpg

We have some more work do do around here and some moving, but she's back home where it's convenient to work on.. so hopefully progress will ensue. Did i spell that right? Anyhoo, there she is folks. I'm gonna try to get the turbo car off the jackstands (LOL) this weekend and limped out here as well... so wish me luck!

Oh, and no burnout yet. The boy's car developed a brake problem and i need no more doors in the shop.
It's very dark in there,....when is the electrical coming?

It's very dark in there,....when is the electrical coming?

Soon, hopefully. I have to get all the junk out of my garage, convert it to a big bedroom, and if I have cash leftover, electrical for the shop. I'm going to try to pull it off, but I'm going to have to buy a transformer, and all the other BS fees are going to run about 2500 bucks. That's not counting the 200A box, main disconnect, wiring, lights, etc.