Build Thread As Requested: Project Horse Manure

Honestly, The idea of painting this car, of all cars- BLACK... terrifies me.. I don't know if I have the patience anymore to get it flat enough. I have done one dark blue that turned out near perfect, but that was a long time ago. I tried talking him into the original medium metallic blue, but for some reason it just isn't cool enough for him. He wants some variation of black, which is why I suggested Lava Red to him.
I would be curious on the price of the Lava Red per gallon. I have yet to see a fox painted that color and am a fan. I wonder how well that lays out with it being such a dark color also.

• Sponsors (?)

I would be curious on the price of the Lava Red per gallon. I have yet to see a fox painted that color and am a fan. I wonder how well that lays out with it being such a dark color also.

I haven't checked but can almost guarantee A: Expensive.. B Difficult.

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, The idea of painting this car, of all cars- BLACK... terrifies me.. I don't know if I have the patience anymore to get it flat enough. I have done one dark blue that turned out near perfect, but that was a long time ago. I tried talking him into the original medium metallic blue, but for some reason it just isn't cool enough for him. He wants some variation of black, which is why I suggested Lava Red to him.

I painted my first car black- in my garage- at 16. It was the old centari paint used in the 70's. Took me and my dad many times to get it right. That was the last time I painted a car- period. It takes a LOT of patience and skill to lay down a decent black paint job.

I painted my first car black- in my garage- at 16. It was the old centari paint used in the 70's. Took me and my dad many times to get it right. That was the last time I painted a car- period. It takes a LOT of patience and skill to lay down a decent black paint job.

Why painting it black terrifies me.. lol.

Will be amazing . Truthfully . If it were me the factory color it would go bacck too just for re sale sake people love that . But it's his first car and I remember my first car I couldn't care less now it's a bit different in my eyes .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Today's base coat clear coats are very forgiving..my dad and I did his 82 suburban back in the 90s it came out great just had to wet sand it and buff it..might be an option...good luck can't wait to see the final outcome.

Reactions: 1 user
Can I place a vote to paint it green??

For me, if it doesn't come out of a rattle can I'm not using it:p hence the reason my cars are vinyl wrapped and not painted lol

All kidding aside, this is an awesome progress thread and an even cooler father/son project! I just caught myself up on the last 9 pages of the build and you guys are doing one heck of a job. @Boosted92LX your boy messaged me on Instagram the other night and I was looking at the pictures he has posted about the project, he seems to be really into it which in my opinion is awesome! Nothing like keeping the younger generation out of trouble by wrenching on cars. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see how this all turns out!

Reactions: 3 users
Can I place a vote to paint it green??

For me, if it doesn't come out of a rattle can I'm not using it:p hence the reason my cars are vinyl wrapped and not painted lol

All kidding aside, this is an awesome progress thread and an even cooler father/son project! I just caught myself up on the last 9 pages of the build and you guys are doing one heck of a job. @Boosted92LX your boy messaged me on Instagram the other night and I was looking at the pictures he has posted about the project, he seems to be really into it which in my opinion is awesome! Nothing like keeping the younger generation out of trouble by wrenching on cars. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see how this all turns out!

Thanks man! It's a win/win for me because I love Fox Mustangs, and my son... so the time spent on it is great. I think my expectations of how the finished product may be might not be as high as some of the folks around here, but I'm gonna do what I can.. haha. My son is definitely a fan of yours, especially after he saw your wheel stand pic. ( ME too!) He'll be happy to hear your compliments!
He impresses me pretty much every time we work on that car with his aptitude. I find myself thinking, crap, I didn't pick it up that fast at his age did I??? He absolutely loves tinkering, and improving anything mechanical.. He follows David Frieberger from Hotrod/Roadkill on social media and even chats with him sometimes, and has gotten comments from him on his posts, which to me is awesome for a 15 year old. I'm very proud of him, and anticipate him going really far in life with all he has going.

Thanks man! It's a win/win for me because I love Fox Mustangs, and my son... so the time spent on it is great. I think my expectations of how the finished product may be might not be as high as some of the folks around here, but I'm gonna do what I can.. haha. My son is definitely a fan of yours, especially after he saw your wheel stand pic. ( ME too!) He'll be happy to hear your compliments!
He impresses me pretty much every time we work on that car with his aptitude. I find myself thinking, crap, I didn't pick it up that fast at his age did I??? He absolutely loves tinkering, and improving anything mechanical.. He follows David Frieberger from Hotrod/Roadkill on social media and even chats with him sometimes, and has gotten comments from him on his posts, which to me is awesome for a 15 year old. I'm very proud of him, and anticipate him going really far in life with all he has going.
^^^ This is what this entire hobby should be about! Congratulations! It also is the reason this thread is my favorite.

20150508_183118.jpg

....stiiiillll sanding.

That thing still looks orders of magnitude better in a single color!

I wonder if your kid knows how many people here are rooting for him. Did he decide to go with the deep emerald green color?

That thing still looks orders of magnitude better in a single color!

I wonder if your kid knows how many people here are rooting for him. Did he decide to go with the deep emerald green color?

Lol, I really don't think he has a clue..

As far as color goes, he flip flops so bad.. well, I won't say it. He has a little bit to make up his mind though.. seems I forgot how long blocking out a car takes..

Hello Stangnet!

20150524_195445.jpg

We had to put her in grandpa's shop because with all the rain we couldn't get any work done.

Stiiilll sanding.
20150524_201030.jpg

Attachments

• 20150524_195445.jpg
    20150524_195445.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 146