Auto to Manual Trans ''How to'' guide

• Sponsors (?)

Not so easy in California. The only thing I can find is V6 cars. It's like the Gt's have fallen off the face of the earth. No one has parts for them listed anywhere. My Clutch pedal assembly and hydraulic line came from a V6.

Okay not sure what year yours is but in mid 2006 the C110 connector changed shape. Its the big plug that connects to another harness near the pcm. Hopefully the one you purchased matches yr existing one and everything plugs right in. If not you'll have to cut the connector off and solder the other one on.

MY SWAP IS DONE! I did it over Thanksgiving weekend. It took me and my dad two full days of work, from sunrise to sunset. it was def. worth it. shes running like a champ! :) i did it with the help of this write up and one from this website Auto to Manual Swap - The Mustang Collective Forums also the service manuals on the top of that post helped alot. I want to thank you anthony your write up was very help full also to temugen from the mustangcollective.
If anyone has any questions or need adivce about the swap id be happy to help. To anyone thinking about doing it, its not hard but you need to be some what mechanically inclined. any DIYer with the right amount of research can do it.
just giving back to the community. :)
By any chance could you list some of yhe challanges you came across. I just finished pulling everything out. Purchased what i think is everything and am about to start this swap.

You can reuse the same cross member. I actually did this swap last fall, thanks to Anthony's write up. As a note, I've got an '06 and I replaced the wiring harness and pcm from another '06. It did require a tune to get it working properly, but no issues and with proper tools and a lift, I was able to complete the swap in a day.

Thanks for leading the charge on this so many years ago Anthony
Did you have to modify your harness on your 06 or did it sawp with nonissues. I just got a different harness and 1 plug is different shape then on my harness. Its the plug near the pcm plugs. Im hoping the guy just gave me the wrong year by mistake

By any chance could you list some of yhe challanges you came across. I just finished pulling everything out. Purchased what i think is everything and am about to start this swap.
This was 8 years ago so It's kind of hard to recall any specific issues that I had... But from what I can remember I didn't have any specific issues. Mainly just available space for work-ability, especially using only a jack and jack stands. I would suggest reading the written guide at least 100 times. Send me a PM if you need anything and I'll give you my email. I don't get on here very often...

is it possible to replace the smart junction box with one pulled from a manual car to get the reverse lights working correctly without having to run all the extra wire?
might it also be possible to get Cruise control to work correctly that way also?

is it possible to replace the smart junction box with one pulled from a manual car to get the reverse lights working correctly without having to run all the extra wire?
might it also be possible to get Cruise control to work correctly that way also?

Im trying to swap a TR6060 in and I'm wondering the same thing. Did anyone get the reverse solenoid to work/cruise control/reverse lights? Seems like a stupid question but its kind of confusing.

I have both a set of auto and manual PCMs/engine-trans wiring harnesses. But I don't know if I have to swap them and I would prefer not to if I didn't have to.

Finished

I finished with my swap and everything went smoothly. I replaced the harness and PCM. I have not done the cruise control features. I'll add a version of my swap soon. A note to others; If you want to go with an after market shifter, most of them require reusing the parts of the stock manual shifter assembly. newtakeoff.com sells that for about 50.00 and it includes the rubber lower and upper leather boots

My old parts are for sale on ebay sold together

Need HELP please! I did it but my car won’t start.

I know this ia a old thread but to help those still looking at swaps

Pin 21in the five speed e u is reverse pin 17 if retaining the auto ecu light. Blue and black goes to the reverse light switch on the 5 speed other side of the switch goes to grey and red stripe 12 v both of wich are in the auto trans gear position switch harness on the drivers side of the trans at the gear lever.
Here are all the needed schematics for both 05 and 06
download (5).png
download (4).png
download (2).png
download (1).png
1592482467876.jpg
1592482442046.jpg
1592482413645.jpg
1592482387278.jpg
download.png

i just finished this swap.i have an 06 gt and use the auto pcm and wiring harness.on the harness i de-pinned the wires that were for the auto trans which you dont have to do but wanted to get rid of the clutter.i ran a wire to pin 21 on the pcm (which is c175t)down to the reverse light switch and the other wire is the signal wire which i kept and used an existing one from the auto.this did not work with the auto pcm and i had all kinds of issues with tunes from 2 different places.so i bought a manual pcm (if you know someone with a snapon solius they can program the keys)and sjb.installed the pcm only and i have reverse lights(yay)but no cruse.look through wiring book thinking that i would have to use the manuel car sjb but you dont.you have to run a wire from pin 30 (c175t) to pin 3 on c110 which is right beside the pcm now i have cruse note must be using the clutch pedal wiring harness to