Automatic Trans Downshift Issue...?

hwebb78

Nov 18, 2013
Was wondering if anyone else has had any issues with the automatic transmission on the 2011+ downshifting aggressively from 2nd to first when coming to a stop. Sound like it may be coming from the trans or possible excessive lash in the drive train. It only happens half the time.

• Sponsors (?)

Was wondering if anyone else has had any issues with the automatic transmission on the 2011+ downshifting aggressively from 2nd to first when coming to a stop. Sound like it may be coming from the trans or possible excessive lash in the drive train. It only happens half the time.
Hello hwebb78,

I recommend bringing it in to your dealer and speaking to your service manager about this noise. He is in the best position to look into this for you and can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or customer satisfaction programs that may apply to your vehicle.

Also, remember repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha

Hi. My 2014 has like a bump in trans. when coasting to a stop or behind a car at light. If I make a complete stop with no coast. Don't feel it ..happens when shifting down to 1st gear.no noise just hard shift .dealer says they couldn't replicate..but it's there..did you ever resolve your issue..thanks. Joe