Average Cost Of Repair

yaboy4life93

Jul 11, 2011
Good day. I drive an 02 gt. I am curious as to that the cost of replacement of an intake manifold is, and replacement of the oil pan and valve cover gaskets. I ask because I have been getting some very different number from the shops here in Orlando, FL. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

How many hours of work are they quoting you?

I see replacement new (aftermarket) 4.6 SOHC manifolds for under $200. That plus 3-4 hours or labor? Guessing on the time as the last time I did one, I took breaks to drink beer and watch football

The intake and valve cover gaskets will be cheap. Now the oil pan gasket is pretty labor intensive. Very hard to clear a stock k member with the motor in the car. It can be done but I bet they want a pretty penny for that.

How many hours of work are they quoting you?

I see replacement new (aftermarket) 4.6 SOHC manifolds for under $200. That plus 3-4 hours or labor? Guessing on the time as the last time I did one, I took breaks to drink beer and watch football
I couldn't give you hours, as I haven't really asked that, but I can give you a price. One individual wants 350 in labor to do the intake, and 550 for the oil pan gasket. Another one wants 400 and 680 respectively.

I couldn't give you hours, as I haven't really asked that, but I can give you a price. One individual wants 350 in labor to do the intake, and 550 for the oil pan gasket. Another one wants 400 and 680 respectively.
My biggest concern is the manifold isn't really cracked, as I have one with the aluminum crossover. I believe it may be a gasket break. But Ford does not sell those gaskets.

My biggest concern is the manifold isn't really cracked, as I have one with the aluminum crossover. I believe it may be a gasket break. But Ford does not sell those gaskets.

My '03 has the aluminum crossover and the intake manifold cracked right where the plastic meets the crossover.

I bought a new Ford intake manifold from LMR for $250 and the shop I had the work done at charged me $400 for the labor.

The local Ford dealership wanted to charge me nearly $1300 for the same job, parts and all.