Axle Back Exhaust

echo7

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
FL
Since I'm going to be forced into buying a new GT here soon due to my '13 being totaled by a tard, I wanted to see if there were some Borla S-Types for the '15s, and can't find them yet. I really liked them on my '13 because they were quiet at idle and highway speeds, with no drone and they were nice and loud when you got on them. These are some current options out there, but seeing if anyone has any input to share.

I know there's a pair of Ford Racing ones made by Borla, not sure if they would be best, but they are expensive too. Like $789 and up.

These are interesting though:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/flowmaster-american-thunder-axleback-2015gt.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/flowmaster-forceii-axleback-2015gt.html

• Sponsors (?)

The loss of your '13 sounds unfortunate but you should be pleasantly surprised with the handling improvements of the '15. I have a friend with the Ford Racing exhaust by Borla and it is exactly what you would expect it to be from Borla direct. If that is the sound and performance that you are after then it would be the way to go in my opinion. The flowmaster stuff for the newer cars seems cheap and the quality just isn't there IMHO. 79-04 seems to be the flowmaster market if you ask me and for these newer cars I like the Magnaflow exhaust systems personally ;)

Thanks for the advice! I have a thought in my head of possibly getting my Borla S-Types pulled from my '13 and letting a muffler shop make them work on a '15. Think that's possible with some modifications? Might save me some money if so.

Thanks for the advice! I have a thought in my head of possibly getting my Borla S-Types pulled from my '13 and letting a muffler shop make them work on a '15. Think that's possible with some modifications? Might save me some money if so.
The entire car has been redesigned.. I don't think that would work out easily. The axle back for the 15' will require you to cut the factory exhaust as where the 14' and older cars had a connection point in the back for mufflers. The best approach in my opinion is a cat back but that does add some cost to the equation

OK, so the car is finally here, hoping to pick it up today and get out of some work in the process! Once I feel like it can survive a week or two new, I will be taking my '13 GT mufflers to a shop to see if anyone's up to the challenge. :)

I've been without a Mustang since the morning of December 5th, and that has sucked. A lot.

Well, finally got around to taking it to a shop. Guys over at a local mustang forums recommended him. He was pretty good, and very nice. Only cost me $60 for him to mount them. He cut the old ones off in no time of course, then the pipe size difference made it pretty easy to weld the junction. (Borlas were made for 2 3/4" and the 2015's are now 2 1/2"). Then he removed the rear mounts off the borlas, and used that steel to make mounts for the front. No modifications to mounts were made to the car itself, so that's nice. Made a quick video of the sound, phone cameras obviously don't do it the best of justice. :)