Axle Back Exhaust

Austin23

Aug 11, 2015
Will a 11-14 gt axle back kit work on a 14 v6? They should be the same right? I found a good deal on a gt axle back kit. All the v6 kits are way too expensive. If it would I'd rather get the gt kit because it's cheaper and prob will sound better

• Sponsors (?)

The main difference from the V6 to the V8 axle back should be the sizing of the exhaust tubing. As far as Magnaflow goes for example, the V6 kit uses 2 1/2" tubing while the V8 kit uses 3" tubing. This may or may not be interchangable but frankly it's your dollars to spend and find out. Worst case a little welding would be required and at that point are you even saving money? Muffler for Muffler the car will not sound like a V8 simply because you installed a muffler that was once on one ;)

The main difference from the V6 to the V8 axle back should be the sizing of the exhaust tubing. As far as Magnaflow goes for example, the V6 kit uses 2 1/2" tubing while the V8 kit uses 3" tubing. This may or may not be interchangable but frankly it's your dollars to spend and find out. Worst case a little welding would be required and at that point are you even saving money? Muffler for Muffler the car will not sound like a V8 simply because you installed a muffler that was once on one ;)

Would it be better to get a muffler shop to do it? I just want a little bit better sound without being rice-ey and get a little power. Would flowmasters sound good on it? And I know it won't sound like a v8, I'm just going for a better sound.

Last edited:
Would it be better to get a muffler shop to do it? I just want a little bit better sound without being rice-ey and get a little power. Would flowmasters sound good on it?
How an exhaust system sounds is very subjective, what sounds good to me may make your ears bleed or vice versa. Personally I've always enjoyed offerings from Magnaflow. If you check out AmericanMuscle, CJ Pony Parts or LateModelRestoration websites you should be able to hear countless numbers of sound clips for the exact mufflers you are looking at designed to bolt up to your car. Stick to a bolt on axle back kit and do this yourself in the driveway IMHO

For that matter, a lot of the site vendors (mentioned above) offer discounts specific to member here at Stangnet. If you need help getting ahold of someone for a discount code just hollar

How an exhaust system sounds is very subjective, what sounds good to me may make your ears bleed or vice versa. Personally I've always enjoyed offerings from Magnaflow. If you check out AmericanMuscle, CJ Pony Parts or LateModelRestoration websites you should be able to hear countless numbers of sound clips for the exact mufflers you are looking at designed to bolt up to your car. Stick to a bolt on axle back kit and do this yourself in the driveway IMHO
For that matter, a lot of the site vendors (mentioned above) offer discounts specific to member here at Stangnet. If you need help getting ahold of someone for a discount code just hollar

Ok. I like the American muscle ones but $400 is a lot to spend on just axle back kit. They have a mbrp kit that's decent on price. Is that a good brand?

Ok. I like the American muscle ones but $400 is a lot to spend on just axle back kit. They have a mbrp kit that's decent on price. Is that a good brand?
MBRP is good stuff too, I have used their exhaust on a countless number of trucks and never had any issues. I actually have MBRP's cat back on my 2011 F250 Diesel