B Heads Or C Heads Turbo Vs Supercharged

which do I choose?

• C head termi swap 9.5 compression and the normal minor things

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B heads and 9.5 compression and a junkyard single turbo

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Hi guys im currently paying off a forged internals shortblock for a 4v swap. My first question is how much power should I expect if I go C heads on 9.5 compression with 98 cams and put a pulley on the motor and then intake catback and tune for 91 gas (cali). And if I decide not to do a legal swap and go with b heads and everything besides the heads same except going single turbo how much power should I expect to make?

• Sponsors (?)

I will go ahead and apologize for thread-jacking, buuuttt....

Can someone quickly explain the difference between B and C heads? I assume the C heads are California Smog Legal? Didn't realize that Ford put different heads on the Cobras for California. And the B and C designations come from the suffix of the part numbers I presume? What is different about the heads? Combustion chambers?

I will go ahead and apologize for thread-jacking, buuuttt....

Can someone quickly explain the difference between B and C heads? I assume the C heads are California Smog Legal? Didn't realize that Ford put different heads on the Cobras for California. And the B and C designations come from the suffix of the part numbers I presume? What is different about the heads? Combustion chambers?

B heads as far as i know are 93-98 and C heads 99-05 (96-04 in cobras for the 4.6 4v). 96-98 cobra had B heads and 99-04 had C heads. nothing to do with smog. the difference is kinda like NPI to PI as in it's an update that happened basically at the same time. i dont know the details but i think the C heads are better midrange performers and down low torque but the B heads are great at high rpm especially under boost.

Reactions: 1 user