B&m Shifter Photos And Reviews?

yellow65

Oct 29, 2014
Member from several years ago, past owner of mostly 65's-68's, and Fox body Mustangs.

Latest project is my 65 coupe. Was a my fair weather driver for many years, and I began restoring it a few years back. It is in the reassembly stage, and my attention has moved to the interior, as I wait for my son to come home on break to help with the engine install.

My question is about B&M shifters. My son has a Quick Silver in his 66 Fairlane, and it makes it as fun as an auto can be. I believe I would like to put one in the 65, and was hoping someone can share some installed photos. With, or w/o consoles. Also, feel free to comment on how it functions for you.

This is a warmed up 302, 4v, headers, and 3.25 traction loc...so nothing crazy. Just good clean fun.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I think my car came with a Mega Shifter. Can't post pics till this weekend :(

I will say the ratchet action is the bees knees if you like to manually shift. My old trucks had c6's and I would always shift the gears but had to be careful not to over shoot the column shifter (which happened a few times lol). The ratchet shifter in the car allows me to down shift at will and hold it, and it has reverse lock-out so I don't have to worry about accidentally up shifting too far. Especially with my highway gears, I like to hold 1st and 2nd for much longer than the transmission wants too, and up shift as the engine winds out!

Due to the cost I would have never bought one. . .but since the care came with it, and now using it, I can't imagine not buying one for future vehicles.

The B&M with the box is a nice unit if you do not have a console
11.jpg

Summit has this one for a car with a console ,the top plate sets on top of your floor console if you have one .
00.jpg

I don't have any pics but the quick silver is the best shifter i had for an automatic. It is a simple install with a cable to the trans shifter .Your best bet would probably be the one with the console box for the Quick silver .

Thanks for the reassurance! I purchased the floor mount one, but may consider fabing a console instead, depending on the look of each installation. Thanks again.