B springs installed..

HercFE

Jul 4, 2004
Sacramento
Thanks for all the threads on how to install springs. The back ones were easy, the front not so easy. Took a couple hours to figure out the first front one, then an hour to do the second. Found that I didn't need the spring compressor I rented. So far the drop is as good as advertised, I can barely fit my fist between the wheel and fender, and the car has more of a raked look. The ride seems to be about the same as far as quality but you can feel more of the little bumps. I have a nice curvy road around the corner that I broke them in on, the car definitely sticks to the corners better. I have four new 255/45/17's waiting in the garage and now I just need new shocks/struts. I'll post some before/after picks if anyone wants to see them, the old lady has my camera right now.

Thanks for the help!
:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for all the threads on how to install springs. The back ones were easy, the front not so easy. Took a couple hours to figure out the first front one, then an hour to do the second. Found that I didn't need the spring compressor I rented. So far the drop is as good as advertised, I can barely fit my fist between the wheel and fender, and the car has more of a raked look. The ride seems to be about the same as far as quality but you can feel more of the little bumps. I have a nice curvy road around the corner that I broke them in on, the car definitely sticks to the corners better. I have four new 255/45/17's waiting in the garage and now I just need new shocks/struts. I'll post some before/after picks if anyone wants to see them, the old lady has my camera right now.

Thanks for the help!

Awesome, I love mine and with the 255/45/17s it will fill in the space between the wheel and fender even more. I even think I will go with 255/50/17s next time.

Here's before and after. The second pic also has my new BFG 255/45/17's.

Attachments

• Windows Photo Gallery Wallpaper.jpg
    Windows Photo Gallery Wallpaper.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Windows Photo Gallery Wallpaper (2).jpg
    Windows Photo Gallery Wallpaper (2).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 128
Uh the c's are progressive.
The back's are, I'm talking the front, which for the C-Springs are linear not helping for drag racing.

C-springs
650 Front spring rate
200/300 Rear spring rate.

The Ford C springs have a linear rate front spring, which is great for improving street handling and cornering.

B-Springs:
425-530 lb/in front spring rate
200-300 lb/in rear spring rate

The Ford B springs have a slightly different spring rating setup than the Ford C springs because of their progressive rate technology, which is engineered to provide a soft/comfortable ride, while still offering sporty handling.